brooklyn port parking

quintin

The port has a parking lot but it is $45 a day. It is safe and the closest you will get. There is plenty of room as you can see all the empty spots when the ship leaves port. 

https://cruise.nyc/BCT-directions-parking

Don't know where you are coming from but DH and I take the train into Penn Station and Uber to the pier. We save $$.

6 hours ago, noshoobie said:

The port has a parking lot but it is $45 a day. It is safe and the closest you will get. There is plenty of room as you can see all the empty spots when the ship leaves port. 

https://cruise.nyc/BCT-directions-parking

Don't know where you are coming from but DH and I take the train into Penn Station and Uber to the pier. We save $$.

Im coming from Philly- what do you take? I was leaning toward this to try and save money but if it's much hassle, it may just be worth parking up there. 

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Im coming from Philly- what do you take? I was leaning toward this to try and save money but if it's much hassle, it may just be worth parking up there. 

You should ask @reeinaz. She is from Philly. I believe she took an Amtrak train and then took the ferry from Wall Street to the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We take the Parkway to Middletown NJ and catch NJ Transit. It's only $5 a day to park (they don't charge on Saturday and Sunday) and the train is $61 round trip for two people. So we pay less then $100 and save on the rest of the tolls that it would cost us to get into the city. Of course, we pay for the Uber rides both ways but it still saves a lot of money and there is no aggravation of driving into the city. We just relax on the train with out pre-cruise cocktails 🤪

Not sure where in Philly you are coming from but you can always drive to the Hamilton Station in NJ (Lawrenceville area) and take NJ Transit from there. I've been to that station and it is safe and clean. NJ Transit is also cheaper then Amtrak. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, noshoobie said:

We take the Parkway to Middletown NJ and catch NJ Transit. It's only $5 a day to park (they don't charge on Saturday and Sunday) and the train is $61 round trip for two people. So we pay less then $100 and save on the rest of the tolls that it would cost us to get into the city. Of course, we pay for the Uber rides both ways but it still saves a lot of money and there is no aggravation of driving into the city. We just relax on the train with out pre-cruise cocktails 🤪

Not sure where in Philly you are coming from but you can always drive to the Hamilton Station in NJ (Lawrenceville area) and take NJ Transit from there. I've been to that station and it is safe and clean. NJ Transit is also cheaper then Amtrak. 

We are right in the city, basically center city, so this might be a great plan!  I'll check out the Hamilton station idea-looks like that's 12 bucks a day.  Thanks- this sounds much cheaper than Amtrak to penn station.  Is that where you take it to- Penn, then uber over? 

Edited by Scottdalfonso

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We are right in the city, basically center city, so this might be a great plan!  I'll check out the Hamilton station idea-looks like that's 12 bucks a day.  Thanks- this sounds much cheaper than Amtrak to penn station.  Is that where you take it to- Penn, then uber over? 

Yes. We take it to Penn Station.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

I used to take the train out of Hamilton for work every day. Easy parking, very safe and clean. From Philly, probably the easiest and best value option.

4 minutes ago, Cruiser06099 said:

Going on Meraviglia in the spring.  Anyone know if train home from Penn station at 11 am is too tight a connection?

I've made 11:00am flights out of JFK and LGA, so I would assume a train out of Penn Station would be doable.

1 hour ago, Cruiser06099 said:

Going on Meraviglia in the spring.  Anyone know if train home from Penn station at 11 am is too tight a connection?

No it is not. We have been on the Meraviglia twice. With carrying our own luggage off we made the 8:58 am train both times. 

Is there a coupon code for parking at the Brooklyn pier? In April we paid $110. from Penn and $125.00 back to the station for four people.  With the Amtrak fare from Boston, we are going to drive this time.

18 minutes ago, Kruizin'Kath said:

Is there a coupon code for parking at the Brooklyn pier? In April we paid $110. from Penn and $125.00 back to the station for four people.  With the Amtrak fare from Boston, we are going to drive this time.

Not that I am aware of.

• Like 1

Kruizin'Kath, when are you going?  Because of the high fees for parking or air or train plus Uber, I am considering hiring a car and driver from the Boston area.  Even for 1, price may be worth it for the convenience.  For a small group it would be a bargain.

7 minutes ago, Sistersolo said:

Kruizin'Kath, when are you going?  Because of the high fees for parking or air or train plus Uber, I am considering hiring a car and driver from the Boston area.  Even for 1, price may be worth it for the convenience.  For a small group it would be a bargain.

We are 4 seniors going 9/8-9/15 and need to be back for a wedding on the evening of the15th

Well, I won't be aboard until December.  But you should seriously look into a chauffeured van.  Door to cruise terminal should be about $340 each way for your group. Ultimate convenience.

We drove from Boston and parked at the terminal in July. Expensive - yes, but I did the research and it was still the cheapest option for the 4 of us. I couldn’t find any coupons at the time, not sure they exist.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2024 at 9:07 PM, Sistersolo said:

Well, I won't be aboard until December.  But you should seriously look into a chauffeured van.  Door to cruise terminal should be about $340 each way for your group. Ultimate convenience.

I'm looking to change our April MIA cruise to Brooklyn, primarily to save on airfare and hotels..  Can you say more about the service you were referring to? Do you have a specific one?