Live from my Norwegian Sky Canada/New England cruise 10/9/2024 to 10/19/2024 Quebec to Baltimore.

What a fun day in Halifax. Rainy day today but if you have traveled to Alaska, you can do this. We got off the ship and walked along the harbor until our 11:00 excursion which was the Harbor Hopper Duck Boat tour. What fun that was! Yes, it was rainy and cold, but we dressed for it with layers and rain jackets. The tour was about an hour in which we drove through the streets of Halifax and then went around the harbor. The driver and the guide were wonderful, and we learned all bout Halifax history. After we got off, we again walked along the harbor. We had lunch at a place called The Cable Wharf where I had a lobster roll and my sister and crab cakes. Yummy. We then got back to the cruise terminal and did some shopping. Once onboard we were cold and damp and just spent some time in the cabin. Lunch was in the buffet. Best time to go is after 6 pm as it is less crowded. They were serving turkey in honor of the Canadian Thanksgiving. I was less than impressed with the turkey and stuffing. I do the Thanksgiving cooking in my family. Mine is better. We did some laps on the promenade deck. Very quiet around the ship. Most people at the comedy show. Spending time in the cabin. Hope to have pictures tomorrow. We will be in Portland. 

• Like 5

I am behind, I know. 

Tuesday was Portland Maine and immigration. Took us two hours to get off the ship. We were the last section called to go to immigration. Very slow process. But we got through it. The Breakaway was in port with us. We got off the ship wanting to have lunch at our favorite Port Hole Restaurant only to find it was closed for an emergency. We then had to fight the crowds an eventually found DiMillio's which we had to wait for 45 minutes for a table. Although the service was slow, the food was delicious. We then walked along the harbor. We went back to the ship after shopping and enjoyed some trivia and music. Dinner was again at the buffet. We find eating between 6:30 and 7 pm is best as the buffet has emptied out. We then just went back to the cabin as we were exhausted. A large photo dump will be coming. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Denise T said:

I am behind, I know. 

Tuesday was Portland Maine and immigration. Took us two hours to get off the ship. We were the last section called to go to immigration. Very slow process. But we got through it. The Breakaway was in port with us. We got off the ship wanting to have lunch at our favorite Port Hole Restaurant only to find it was closed for an emergency. We then had to fight the crowds an eventually found DiMillio's which we had to wait for 45 minutes for a table. Although the service was slow, the food was delicious. We then walked along the harbor. We went back to the ship after shopping and enjoyed some trivia and music. Dinner was again at the buffet. We find eating between 6:30 and 7 pm is best as the buffet has emptied out. We then just went back to the cabin as we were exhausted. A large photo dump will be coming. 

While waiting in line at the non-American check in one of the crew members was saying it took until 4pm on the last cruise to get everyone through immigration, so it could have been a lot worse. 

I didn't see it as a waste. I was able to do things that I wanted to do and had a nice lunch. Immigration cannot be helped. It takes as long as it takes and if people followed directions, it would go a lot smoother. 

• Like 6

What can I say about Bar Harbor? I want to live there. We had a great time. We tendered over which I love doing. We walked the harbor which is beautiful. We couldn't walk the entire length as it was closed due to storm damage. We walked through the neighborhoods and just loved the houses. Lots of little inns and B&Bs and hotels. Quaint little walkable town. To start the day, we had breakfast in the buffet. We went ashore for several hours and then came back to the ship where we relaxed in several venues. We listened to music and did some trivia. One thing that we love doing is walking the promenade and we do that quite often. I plan on getting phots up on Friday which is our sea day. I will discuss our stop in Boston next. 

• Like 2

Let's talk about Boston. If only We had such a short day. All aboard time was at 2 pm which was shortened right be embarkation. We just adjusted our plans. We go on the Hop on, hop off trolley and rode it around the city without getting off. We just didn't have time. My sister and I decided that we need to do a weekend in Boston. Our driver was amazing. He was very knowledgeable and could navigate the traffic that is Boston. I think cruise itineraries need to take this into consideration. Boston is a large and very busy city, so more time is needed. Just trying to get through traffic is a nightmare. Our driver and to steer the trolley through double parked cars and rude drivers. He did it! The trip on the trolley gave us lots of ideas for a weekend trip. We came back to the ship, had lunch in the buffet, and did trivia. We did better than we thought. We had dinner in the buffet, and we are going to the show at 9. Tomorrow is a sea day before getting back into Baltimore. I am going to do a photo dump tomorrow. At the end of the live I am going to summarize my thoughts about the cruise and this ship. 

• Like 2