Southampton Cruise Port to London Heathrow

8 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

You might just be able to do it in 1hr15 in the middle of the night but otherwise, no chance. It’s just over 70 miles so 1hr30 at best, potentially 2 hours if there’s traffic.

Plus most (all?) car-hire locations at Heathrow are "off airport".  You have to allow for the transfer time from there to the terminal.

8 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

You might just be able to do it in 1hr15 in the middle of the night but otherwise, no chance. It’s just over 70 miles so 1hr30 at best, potentially 2 hours if there’s traffic.

Thanks Gumshoe958. Fingers crossed that with a 9am pickup we can safely travel the 70miles to Heathrow before noontime to catch 2pm flights back to North America.

8 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Plus most (all?) car-hire locations at Heathrow are "off airport".  You have to allow for the transfer time from there to the terminal.

Thought service would be toTerminal T2, which is what we were quoted? How long does it take to get from “off airport” locations to T2? Is it walkable are are there shuttles?

43 minutes ago, Canada17 said:

Thought service would be toTerminal T2, which is what we were quoted? How long does it take to get from “off airport” locations to T2? Is it walkable are are there shuttles?

There are operator-provided shuttles, walking is not possible, and I'd check with your selected hire company for just how long and how frequent the transfer is.  Some can be a significant distance around the perimeter road.

13 hours ago, Canada17 said:

Will probably book a car and drive as the difference in cost from National Express is not too much.

Do you mean book a private car transfer, or do you mean rent a car and drive yourself? I'm not sure where the reference to "car-hire locations" came from, or whether I've missed something said earlier in the thread.

A private car transfer should take you straight to the terminal at the airport.

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Do you mean book a private car transfer, or do you mean rent a car and drive yourself? I'm not sure where the reference to "car-hire locations" came from, or whether I've missed something said earlier in the thread.

I believe it's the two (or 4-5 if we bring in the US, Aussies, New Zealand, etc.) people separated by a common language. From the rest of their posts, I'm pretty sure they're arranging a car and driver for the transfer. Not renting (hiring) a car!

On 8/5/2024 at 9:18 PM, Canada17 said:

Hi Crown Vic,

Got our response and also did our research, results are…..for 4 people, National Express is £105.5 which is fully flexible up until 24 hours, can cancel and make changes (£67.50 for standard, non-refundable). One would have to walk about 15-20minutes from cruise terminal to bus station or 4 minute cab ride. Aqua Cars pickup at cruise port is £123 and Airport Taxis, suggested by Crawford is £140 with meet and greet at terminal.

Thank you Crown Vic (and Crawford) for your great suggestions. 

I booked round trip for £106 each way. 

4 hours ago, markeb said:

I believe it's the two (or 4-5 if we bring in the US, Aussies, New Zealand, etc.) people separated by a common language. From the rest of their posts, I'm pretty sure they're arranging a car and driver for the transfer. Not renting (hiring) a car!

My mistake - I misinterpreted "book a car and drive"!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Booking a private car transfer as recommended by Crown Vic. Wouldn’t entertain renting a car and driving myself (on the wrong side of the road! lol!)

7 hours ago, crawford said:

I booked round trip for £106 each way. 

£106 round trip, is that for 4 people on National Express Bus? I know that we can book National Express Bus from Southampton to Heathrow for 4 people, £66, but it would be a standard, non-refundable, no changes fee.

7 hours ago, Canada17 said:

£106 round trip, is that for 4 people on National Express Bus? I know that we can book National Express Bus from Southampton to Heathrow for 4 people, £66, but it would be a standard, non-refundable, no changes fee.

Private car.  That is each way. I got a discount for booking round trip with them and for booking online. 

12 minutes ago, crawford said:

Private car.  That is each way. I got a discount for booking round trip with them and for booking online. 

Which company? Aqua Cars?

55 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Is 9:45am the first departure of the day? we have a 1:20pm flight back to Philadelphia and think a cab may be more suitable for our situation.

No, they’re more or less hourly all night and there’s one at 7:45am. But that’s probably too tight for most cruise ship arrivals.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

Is 9:45am the first departure of the day? we have a 1:20pm flight back to Philadelphia and think a cab may be more suitable for our situation.

You might want to check out Paragon Taxi, based in Southampton for a private transfer directly from the cruise terminal to Heathrow airport. Our party of 4 used them for a transfer/tour from Heathrow to Southampton for our cruise in June and highly recommend this company. Excellent email communication with Adrian, the owner;  Prompt pickup, clean and comfortable vehicle, excellent driver/guide, good price/value, and excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

https://paragontaxis.co.uk/

Edited by marys350
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, marys350 said:

You might want to check out Paragon Taxi, based in Southampton for a private transfer directly from the cruise terminal to Heathrow airport. Our party of 4 used them for a transfer/tour from Heathrow to Southampton for our cruise in June and highly recommend this company. Excellent email communication with Adrian, the owner;  Prompt pickup, clean and comfortable vehicle, excellent driver/guide, good price/value, and excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

https://paragontaxis.co.uk/

Thank you so much.  I just filled out an inquiry and will hear back.  It seems a little cheaper than just grabbing a cab day of at the port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2024 at 11:18 AM, Canada17 said:

Hi Crown Vic,

Got our response and also did our research, results are…..for 4 people, National Express is £105.5 which is fully flexible up until 24 hours, can cancel and make changes (£67.50 for standard, non-refundable). One would have to walk about 15-20minutes from cruise terminal to bus station or 4 minute cab ride. Aqua Cars pickup at cruise port is £123 and Airport Taxis, suggested by Crawford is £140 with meet and greet at terminal.

Thank you Crown Vic (and Crawford) for your great suggestions. 

How many people will the taxi hold pls?