Frequent cruiser here, but not frequent travel insurance buyer (have purchased before when trips have been more extensive).

For most of our cruises we drive, so logistics are simple and all done in one day. We are considering a Greek Islands cruise next year and I am wondering about the timing of purchasing insurance. We would obviously book the cruise first, but then might not purchase pre and post hotel stays until a bit later. Flights would be purchased last and probably not until 4-5 months out. If I remember correctly insurance must be purchased within a certain time frame after booking, but I won't know all of my trip expenses at that time.

Can you please advise what the best route is?

On 7/30/2024 at 12:58 PM, ScottsSweetie said:

Frequent cruiser here, but not frequent travel insurance buyer (have purchased before when trips have been more extensive).

For most of our cruises we drive, so logistics are simple and all done in one day. We are considering a Greek Islands cruise next year and I am wondering about the timing of purchasing insurance. We would obviously book the cruise first, but then might not purchase pre and post hotel stays until a bit later. Flights would be purchased last and probably not until 4-5 months out. If I remember correctly insurance must be purchased within a certain time frame after booking, but I won't know all of my trip expenses at that time.

Can you please advise what the best route is?

Hi ScottsSweetie,

I have three initial questions:

- In the last 60 days, have either of you, or a traveling companion or a non-traveling family member, had any medication changes or had treatment for, had symptoms of or been diagnosed with any medical condition that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?

- Are any of your trip costs being paid with Future Travel or Cruise Credits that you received instead of a cash refund on a trip that was cancelled or interrupted?

- Is there any chance one of you might have your previously approved time off cancelled causing you to cancel your trip because they have to work?

Steve Dasseos

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi ScottsSweetie,

I have three initial questions:

- In the last 60 days, have either of you, or a traveling companion or a non-traveling family member, had any medication changes or had treatment for, had symptoms of or been diagnosed with any medical condition that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?

- Are any of your trip costs being paid with Future Travel or Cruise Credits that you received instead of a cash refund on a trip that was cancelled or interrupted?

- Is there any chance one of you might have your previously approved time off cancelled causing you to cancel your trip because they have to work?

Steve Dasseos

No medical issues with any diagnosis / medication changes in the last 60 days. No credits to be used. No time off issues.

Edited by ScottsSweetie