Communication process for shore excursions

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

Can you document that statement with data from the company?

Yes, changes happen. 

Sorry, I didn't keep the letters that arrived in my cabin to document any of this, but changes do happen. And how they're handled varies. On my recent Alaska cruise, I booked a boat excursion with a departure time of 9:30. The ticket arrived with a departure time of 8:00, so I knew in plenty of time, but I wasn't given any kind of heads-up about a significant change. I ALWAYS open the envelope and make sure all my tickets are there and are as booked. 

I've had the snorkel by boat at HMC cancelled on two different cruises. The second time it happened (last winter), I was already ashore. I found out when I went to check in for the tour. They said they had only just decided and there wasn't time to contact people. The time before that, I received a letter saying it was cancelled. Then, the "last minute tour" flyer on the bed included that snorkel tour. I went to Shorex and they said no, the boat has been out of commission for a few months. Seriously???? A few months and they didn't take the tour off the website or edit the flyer?????

I had a whale watch excursion cancelled in Alaska 2 years ago. I found out that morning. I don't remember how I was contacted. Same cruise, someone I met had his flightseeing cancelled. He found out when he got ashore.

"Ship happens" and you have to roll with it, but that doesn't mean shorex always does a stellar job of communicating with passengers.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

you show them your ticket which is on your mobile device in the Navigator App.

If you do not have a smartphone or tablet, your keycard serves as your ticket. It is scanned to verify you are on the shore excursion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2