Just saved $800!

I asked for advice regarding a price change on a cruise we are booked on. Thank you for your replies. Our TA said she did a mock booking and we would lose our $550 shipboard credit, and some of our HIA perks. I called HAL and they gave us everything including the same cabin and saved us $800! All I can say is beware of your TA! We will never use her again! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, dianeh said:

I asked for advice regarding a price change on a cruise we are booked on. Thank you for your replies. Our TA said she did a mock booking and we would lose our $550 shipboard credit, and some of our HIA perks. I called HAL and they gave us everything including the same cabin and saved us $800! All I can say is beware of your TA! We will never use her again! 

I'm surprised HAL did this for you. Generally, if you use a TA, HAL won't work with you directly, must go through the TA.

Smart to dump that TA. Sounds like she doesn't know HIA because you can't lose "some of" the  perks. You either have HIA or you don't. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Sounds like she doesn't know HIA because you can't lose "some of" the  perks. You either have HIA or you don't. 

There is HIA+ which includes gratuities, better internet and drinks usually associated with early booking. I would guess that they would have lost those but the HAL TA was able to give them as a way of stealing the booking from the TA. The HAL TAs get a commision too.