August 1, 2024 WEIGH IN

sorry late posting.   Busy comparing  power and natural gas bills — confirming proper usage during July  hurricane.

im in a better state of mind. Doing better with nutrition and activity. - not ready for scales.  

Weather is Texas hot and humid. Plus  swarms of mosquitos - spray heavily prior to going out.  Been doing heavy house cleaning while son is in Colorado for a month.  

Hope everyone is having great cruises.  

• Like 1

Izena - Glad you posted and that you are doing well.  I'm going to weigh myself in a few days .... hoping that the water weight falls off.  Many days we did a lot of walking (sister-in-law) has a fit bit and many days we walked 15,000 steps.  It was quite the workout!!!  Jan

• Like 1

I'm up 2 lbs this week...too many pretzels and chips! 

It's hot and humid here too. We had an EF-1 tornado come through our area yesterday afternoon. Lots of property damage in the area, but no lives lost. Many people are still without power today. We only lost power for about 30 minutes and had no damage to our property, but that's not the case just a couple of miles from us. 🙏

Jan-  that’s a lot of steps.  My sisters and my younger son and myself seem to short circuit electric items and watches.  I went through 4 fitbits in 6 months.  By that time I knew all the typical routes.   I also have an app called pacer on my phone which tracks my distance.

Just- so sorry to hear about tornado— at least with hurricanes we usually have plenty of time to prepare.   So glad I had a generac generator installed last fall. 
sorry about the wt gain.

I am holding steady.  Still haven't gotten that one pesky pound off that I picked up on vacation.  I am cooking another round of soups,  smoothies and ice creams for my parents so have been going nonstop this week.  I don't usually eat much of anything when I am cooking a lot so I am surprised it didn't come off.  I also increased my personal training sessions to three from two.  I upped my mileage on the treadmill, so all of this is very discouraging.  I haven't been sleeping that well, so maybe that is playing a roll.  I also have not been keeping track of water intake....could be I've reduced what I was drinking back when I was having such impressive weight loss.  Even though both my stress test and Holter monitor came back as normal, I am still having some serious dizzy spells at the gym when I spike an already high heart rate.  I need to find a place where I can walk long distances every day.  That is how I developed my cardio vascular system in my late 40's and 50's and became a runner.  It's harder this time.

Izena, I can relate to your body killing electronic devices.  I always had to wear a simple wind up watch because I killed battery operated watches.  I seem to have come out of that (probably a secret perk of menopause).  I haven't tried the FitBit yet, but I have an old Garmin Forerunner that I used when I was training to become a runner, and it had a chest strap.  I still have that and it still works (it's true!).  I am going to start using that again.  

JustUs275, so happy you dodged the tornado bullet and so sorry that many of those around you have suffered destruction.  I have been trying to think of some redeeming qualities I could mention about Pretzels and Chips, but the thought is eluding me.😋  Are you a stress eater?  I am, and it is a hard habit to break. 

Jan, CONGRATS! on the 15,000 steps!  That is wonderful.  Hopefully you can keep it up and build on that!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  

I seem to be sick.  Started noticing cold/flu symptoms after our flights back.  I tested for covid on Wednesday and it said negative.  DH didn't feel well before I did, but he is fine now.  I'm hoping that I will be all over it by Monday.  I'm still trying to unpack and re-organize!  Jan