LIVE from MSC Meraviglia YC 8/4

rxlowry

On 8/6/2024 at 5:13 PM, rxlowry said:

Tried out the thermal area, very relaxing. Then hit the lounge for drinks and a game. This little roast beef and horseradish was a tasty little bite!!

IMG_7886.jpeg

IMG_7885.jpeg

Did you bring Azul, or did you borrow it from MSC? It's one of my wife's favorite games! I really enjoy it too! I think that we have four expansions.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 7:00 PM, rxlowry said:

Thanks all for following along! I’ve finished up the blog at gowithlisablog

Meraviglia was awesome!  I think best YC experience so far for me.  The food was awesome!!  
In about three weeks, I’ll be live again but on the Carnival board.  No Top Sail.  It is two weeks from Baltimore to Greenland.  How will it go?  Tune in and find out!  It will be different for sure!!

After a bad Carnival Cruise years prior, and a few NCL Suite and Haven cruises, my mom and I found ourselves on Carnival at the last minute.  So, we had low expectations… But we were so pleasantly surprised. It was a wonderful cruise.  Just different. 

Edited by DMH15
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Did you bring Azul, or did you borrow it from MSC? It's one of my wife's favorite games! I really enjoy it too! I think that we have four expansions.

I brought it. It’s the travel version

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DMH15 said:

After a bad Carnival Cruise years prior, and a few NCL Suite and Haven cruises, my mom and I found ourselves on Carnival at the last minute.  So, we had low expectations… But we were so pleasantly surprised. It was a wonderful cruise.  Just different. 

We did a cruise on the CCL Venezia Jan 2024.  The price was so good....and the reviews were so bad....that I had the bar set really really low.  I was almost ready to be a no-show....that's how low the bar was set.  We went, we loved it.  We loved it so much that we're repeating the ship/itinerary this November.  Different than YC for sure...in some ways better!

I think people should branch out and try different lines, ships and experiences.   You just never know until....until you see for yourself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

We did a cruise on the CCL Venezia Jan 2024.  The price was so good....and the reviews were so bad....that I had the bar set really really low.  I was almost ready to be a no-show....that's how low the bar was set.  We went, we loved it.  We loved it so much that we're repeating the ship/itinerary this November.  Different than YC for sure...in some ways better!

I think people should branch out and try different lines, ships and experiences.   You just never know until....until you see for yourself.

I did carnival once about 40 years ago , that was enough, did ncl many times until they went downhill 20 years ago . Willing to try others , but mostly suites on celebrity, rccl or YC .

8 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It’s all about expectations. I had someone ask me last week what was my worst cruise..I really couldn’t answer

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Sound like you can have fun whatever the circumstances!!!

Happy travels!

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

It’s all about expectations. I had someone ask me last week what was my worst cruise..I really couldn’t answer

I agree.  I have enjoyed them all.  

But our NYC trip to nowhere was just over so quickly.  But that had to be as it was a graduation gift to my nephew combined with a few fun days in the city seeing shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

DH and I are both cancer survivors. We try to make each day a happy day.

Wishing you many years together and many happy cruises.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rxlowry said:

I'm in the same boat as you (pin intended).   Never had a bad cruise.  Some were just better than others.

• Like 1