Costa cancels Kosher Cruise days before

in2up2

Is there any other source for this news item?  I have only seen the article sited here. It's hard to believe that someout so outrageous would not have made a bigger impact on the cruising/Jewish community, especially the the Arison name involved. I'm in Israel and haven't heard anything about it.

I would hope we're all not victims of fake news. 

3 hours ago, desertcactus260 said:

Is there any other source for this news item?  I have only seen the article sited here. It's hard to believe that someout so outrageous would not have made a bigger impact on the cruising/Jewish community, especially the the Arison name involved. I'm in Israel and haven't heard anything about it.

1 hour ago, EnnZee said:

#6–I have thought exactly the same thing. No second source for the story—only QJL, and no statement from Carnival corporate. Very strange.

It’s in Jewish papers. Not picked up by mainstream media…

On 8/8/2024 at 4:23 AM, desertcactus260 said:

On 8/8/2024 at 6:57 AM, EnnZee said:

#6–I have thought exactly the same thing. No second source for the story—only QJL, and no statement from Carnival corporate. Very strange.

It seems strange.

I do know that Carnival provides Kosher meals but they are frozen.

Sounds like the group wanted to take over a kitchen on the ship and I can't imagine any line allowing that. 

59 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

It seems strange.

I do know that Carnival provides Kosher meals but they are frozen.

Sounds like the group wanted to take over a kitchen on the ship and I can't imagine any line allowing that. 

Royal Caribbean and Princess are both trialling fresh kosher food rather than the usual frozen stuff.

32 minutes ago, sloanesq said:

To the extent I could follow it---it's a complicated story with a lot of twists and turns---it doesn't look like a clear-cut, provable case of antisemitism. However, there's enough of a "whiff" of antisemitism here to make Costa management look bad---very bad.

For what it's worth, I'm not Jewish myself but my wife is, and over the years I've become sensitive to antisemitism in all its many varieties. But I'm also a retired civil litigation attorney, and I have my doubts that, with these facts, antisemitic motives could be proven in a court of law. My advice to those affected by this would be to bring as much publicity to bear on the case as possible. You may not win in a court of law but you might win big-time in the court of public opinion.

Jim

Hi Jim.

I'm an attorney too. Right now, it looks like a lot of "he said/she said" with both sides claiming breach of contract.

If it ever goes to Court, maybe we'll find out what really happened.  My guess though is that we'll never know.

• Like 1