Ipads in Suites

cavaaller

5 minutes ago, cavaaller said:

Can someone tell me if you can use the Ipads provided in the Q2 suites to access the internet (browse) ?

Not had a provided iPad on QV for a couple of years now and didn't have one on QA either.

1 hour ago, cavaaller said:

OK, I could have sworn I had read it somewhere … but I guess I just saw it on a Gary Bembridge Video then. Thank you @Victoria2 for setting me straight.

You're welcome.

There certainly used to be an iPad provided as the butler downloaded a couple of the daily newspapers for us as part of his remit, plus it was listed as one of the perks of the cabin but looking at the Stateroom Amenities page in the latest brochure, it's not listed so I presume, that's it for the provided iPads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they were that big then I am guessing that they were an early generation and would be incompatible today which is why they have probably been discontinued.

• Like 1

If they were big and cumbersome they were not IPADs.   We always travel with ours and they are definitely not big or cumbersome.   Never had them provided in a suite on QM2 but did have some sort of game controller, don’t know what type it was.

On QM2 the LARGE ipad was supplied to Q4's and above.

It was removed at turn down time and brought back first thing in the morning loaded with about half a dozen of today's newspapers.

55 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

On QM2 the LARGE ipad was supplied to Q4's and above.

It was removed at turn down time and brought back first thing in the morning loaded with about half a dozen of today's newspapers.

Thank you BigMac1953

I have no idea of QM2, but years ago, the Q2s on QV and QE used to have a cabin specific iPad as part of the cabin amenities and yes, as you indicated, they were definitely iPads.

As to size Covepointcruiser, as an iPad mini user, size is relative although the big iPad was great for reading downloaded newspapers every day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

If they were big and cumbersome they were not IPADs.   We always travel with ours and they are definitely not big or cumbersome

First and possibly second (cannot quite remember) generation iPads were large by comparison to later incarnations.