No upgrade bid for solo balcony cabins?

Posted (edited)

I’ve received an upgrade invitation on every NCL cruise I’ve taken since the program started in 2015 (batting about .250).

This time around booked 2 solo balconies (cat BT) on separate reservations for an upcoming joy cruise (30nov24) and neither res received an invitation to upgrade, the offer is not available on my NCL or through the app (app says “reservation is not eligible at this time”).  We’re at 116 days, so past final payment.

Given this a relatively new category (afaik) wondered if the lack of upgrade opportunity was due to the solo category? Realize correlation ≠ causation but wanted to see if others sailing in this category have received the upgrade offer.

btw ship does not seem very full, lots of suites/haven available. 

Edited by JamesIowa

16 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I think it's just too early. Try again when below 110 days.

That makes sense, thanks. It seems like I got the invites more quickly in the past, iirc it was usually right after fp, but your reply makes more sense than NCL discriminating against one specific cabin category.

Posted (edited)

I was invited to bid on an upgrade for my last two solo NCL bookings.  I ended up withdrawing the bids for a few reasons but I got the offer in my email. ETA first one was solo balcony, second one was solo inside.

Edited by grouchomarx

I just got one yesterday for Thanksgiving cruise.  I am in solo cabin, inside.  The invitation says offer is for 2 so I assume I would have to pay double price to get an upgrade 

2 hours ago, renebfl said:

I just got one yesterday for Thanksgiving cruise.  I am in solo cabin, inside.  The invitation says offer is for 2 so I assume I would have to pay double price to get an upgrade 

You are correct, whatever you bid they will take twice that.