Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

Had a lazy afternoon. I prefer a lazy afternoon in the sauna, but I have been more active. Just done a lot of aimless wandering. No real goal except to check on the deck 2 hallway. 

Was going to do some trivia but it was too crowded for me so I kept it moving.

Off now for my official exercise at the gym. Gotta keep them steps going!!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

@bluewater1298I'm afraid there is no through access on the bottom decks after all.

20240813_132033.thumb.jpg.7de57bb9de4a341b4951e375bb8459a2.jpg

End of the line on 2.

20240813_132305.thumb.jpg.f437e70946e447bd253dd15be796a21d.jpg

End of the line on 3.

20240813_132548.thumb.jpg.d9ace4613e1cd1b3952b3e01d8f489d6.jpg

The barrier on two looks like maybe it was not always there. The hall itself seems to go through but has a rope and crew only sign.

Thanks for taking the time to look for me! I was afraid that was the case. Oh well, you get what you pay for. We jumped on a good price for a GTY room so it's all good. I'll need those extra steps anyway. 😉 Thanks for the pictures! 

Have they been using both gangways for the ports? That would be a plus coming back to the ship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

Thanks for taking the time to look for me! I was afraid that was the case. Oh well, you get what you pay for. We jumped on a good price for a GTY room so it's all good. I'll need those extra steps anyway. 😉 Thanks for the pictures! 

Have they been using both gangways for the ports? That would be a plus coming back to the ship.

So far, no. Just the midship gangway. 

9 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

So far, no. Just the midship gangway. 

Ok that works since our room is midship. It will just be a pain when we want to go to the front of the ship since we can't use the forward elevators.

You are the best!! All my questions for this cruise have been answered now. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

Ok that works since our room is midship. It will just be a pain when we want to go to the front of the ship since we can't use the forward elevators.

You are the best!! All my questions for this cruise have been answered now. Thanks!

Happy to do it 😀

• Like 1

On 8/11/2024 at 9:54 AM, jam19872016 said:

In line at 952, they have not opened the terminal yet, probably at 10 if memory serves me correctly.

My check in time is noon but they usually don't enforce it if you are here before it gets busy. Hopefully that will still be true today.

Very early in your thread you posted at port. 

Which  terminal were you at. 18 or 19?

ty

Edited by Lionesss

Took a look at the Windjammer. I could probably piece together a nice meal here. I even see tempura vegetables which is a favorite but two of my favorites are on the mdr menu tonight and both absent from the jammer so I'm going to head down and hope for another quick experience like the first night.

• Like 1

Off to a good start. No line to get in. In a group of two tops which tends to mean slower service as we are all served at the same pace. 

Going to skip the appetizer round I think, of course with two entrées ordered that doesn't always mean I skip ahead 😆 

It's dress your best night. Lots of people on the FB group insisting it is ALWAYS a sea day.

It's not.

Trust your app if it's telling you it will be on night 3.

The menu.

Screenshot_20240813-200948_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20240813-200955_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20240813-201045_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20240813-201053_Royal.jpg

Screenshot_20240813-201101_Royal.jpg

• Like 2