Additional 150k ton newbuilds to be ordered for Carnival.

The next round of deployments will be very interesting as they set up the dominoes to fall in 2027 when the new builds start coming. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Excel class ship moved to shorter cruises before then.

This would take a short term sacrifice to week long capacity in either Miami or Port Canaveral. I don’t think Galveston would get that treatment as Jubilee is still new. 

What might make the most sense is putting Mardi Gras on the Freedom or Glory’s run and then moving another Vista or Dream class to take its place. This then frees up a Conquest class vessel to go elsewhere. It’s a short term sacrifice to the 7 day capacity but it’s made up for in the short cruise capacity. It really depends on how bad and how soon do they want to compete head to head with Utopia. 

A “Fantastically Fun” weekend at Celebration Key will market just as well as Royal’s “Ultimate” weekend at Coco Cay and presumably cost less. 

5 hours ago, dolphinsfan246 said:

The next round of deployments will be very interesting as they set up the dominoes to fall in 2027 when the new builds start coming. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an Excel class ship moved to shorter cruises before then.

This would take a short term sacrifice to week long capacity in either Miami or Port Canaveral. I don’t think Galveston would get that treatment as Jubilee is still new. 

What might make the most sense is putting Mardi Gras on the Freedom or Glory’s run and then moving another Vista or Dream class to take its place. This then frees up a Conquest class vessel to go elsewhere. It’s a short term sacrifice to the 7 day capacity but it’s made up for in the short cruise capacity. It really depends on how bad and how soon do they want to compete head to head with Utopia. 

A “Fantastically Fun” weekend at Celebration Key will market just as well as Royal’s “Ultimate” weekend at Coco Cay and presumably cost less. 

Or we could possibly see a test the waters approach with swapping a Vista class to the short cruises and see the demand for it especially once Celebration Key opens. I am thinking maybe a Vista and Glory swap in Canaveral and a Horizon and Conquest swap in Miami. This could give Carnival a chance to see what the pricing looks like with newer hardware and better destinations than they currently offer.

On 8/10/2024 at 10:44 PM, DutchCruiseFan said:

Despite it indeed being very questionable that Costa would fold, they would surely not integrate into AIDA, those differences are simply too big. I think there is barely any non-Germans that would book AIDA and the market would not be big enough for the entirety of Costa to integrate in their fleet.

I am sure they'd love their XL class ships tho..

But I think we can assume Costa is going nowhere.

If Carnival fun Italian style is indeed not performing well, I am curious what they'd do with the ships. The Asian market would be an option but surely the biggest chance is that they'd just transform them into full normal Carnival ships?

Actually, Aida is getting more and more popular with non-German speaking guests, with lots of Spanish on their Western Med and Canaries cruises, and also more and more Dutch. Although the main language on Aida is German, every crewmember speaks English also.

Aida really is a great cruiseline, and their larger ships are by FAR the best in the whole industry for families, including Disney.

We are not German but cruise Aida on a regular basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2024 at 9:25 PM, jasong38501 said:

Or we could possibly see a test the waters approach with swapping a Vista class to the short cruises and see the demand for it especially once Celebration Key opens. I am thinking maybe a Vista and Glory swap in Canaveral and a Horizon and Conquest swap in Miami. This could give Carnival a chance to see what the pricing looks like with newer hardware and better destinations than they currently offer.

Yup

On 8/12/2024 at 3:48 PM, dolphinsfan246 said:

Def will happen, the question is which ship and when.