How early does travel with RCI open?

22 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Flights typically become available 330 days prior to sail date.

And for clarity this is when the airlines extend their schedules, not when Air2Sea decides to start offering them.

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

And for clarity this is when the airlines extend their schedules, not when Air2Sea decides to start offering them.

In my experience A2S is pretty quick at loading them, may be off by a few days but it's not like they are weeks or months behind

23 hours ago, racnwdow said:

Our cruise isn't until September 2025.  When can I expect RCI to open Air2Sea and transfers to/from ship?

Easier to remember about 11 months before to start checking for flights on other sites and they will be close behind. I needed may so started looking in june. Yours would be oct sometime.

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In my experience A2S is pretty quick at loading them, may be off by a few days but it's not like they are weeks or months behind

Agreed. I was just pointing out Air2Sea doesn't dictate schedules (since they often get blamed for a lot of stuff they don't control). Airlines open them, Air2Sea (and any similar service) loads them, and off you go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Agreed. I was just pointing out Air2Sea doesn't dictate schedules (since they often get blamed for a lot of stuff they don't control). Airlines open them, Air2Sea (and any similar service) loads them, and off you go.

Yep, they also do not offer all flights and airlines

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2024 at 8:23 AM, smokeybandit said:

Yep, no Southwest or the LCCs.

Had to search for this thread but I just looked at air and there was Southwest flight options for the Eclipse sailing December 5, 2024.  First time I've seen that.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Had to search for this thread but I just looked at air and there was Southwest flight options for the Eclipse sailing December 5, 2024.  First time I've seen that.

It'd be nice I'd they start appearing for RC cruises. Not that their prices are cheap anymore but they are very convenient for me since I live near a hub

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It'd be nice I'd they start appearing for RC cruises. Not that their prices are cheap anymore but they are very convenient for me since I live near a hub

Just did a check and they are available for Royal as well.  

I looked at Allure Dec 9 flying from Atlanta flyng in a day early. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just did a check and they are available for Royal as well.  

I looked at Allure Dec 9 flying from Atlanta flyng in a day early. 

I now see them, too. This must be a new addition, like in the last week or so. I'll keep an eye on that at the end of the month when Southwest opens their schedule for late March

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1