Meraviglia Yacht Club Bedside outlet for cPap machine

vayka

Posted (edited)

My husband uses a Cpap and we have a Yacht club room. Is there an outlet by the bed he can use for his machine? We are in the duplex but any Yacht club cabin response is welcome.  I know they didn’t have an outlet in standard cabins but wasn’t sure if the YC has more outlets. Thank you for your help.

Edited by vayka
Missing info

Not sure about the mera, but on seascape YC there was an outlet close enough for a CPAP.  Bring an extension cord just in case.  Also, most machines have a power converter (brick) and can use 100-240 volts.  Most cabins should have some European outlets so if you also bring a plug adapter (not a transformer/converter) you should be able to easily supply power to the CPAP.

I always have an extension cord for that.  Yes, tbe YC butler should be able to get one but you never know when one won't be available. Pre- or post-cruise hotel may prove to need one and probably won't have a butler for that room...

We had Duplex Suite on the 12th floor on Meraviglia. There is no American outlet. We brought an extension cord. We had to borrow a longer one and plug it in inside the closet. 

4 hours ago, Alynna715 said:

We had Duplex Suite on the 12th floor on Meraviglia. There is no American outlet. We brought an extension cord. We had to borrow a longer one and plug it in inside the closet. 

That's why I said to bring european plug adapters.  I bet there was an European outlet somewhare closer tham the closet that you couid have used with your own extension cord

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know when you are going or which ship. My husband needs one. The outlet in the Duplex on the Meraviglia has one on the side of the bed, but you need to bring a converter like Av8tor mentioned. Most European outlets run at 240 not 120 (American), hence you need the converter as well as the plug. You can find one on Amazon easily. The plug you are looking for is the E/F (specifically F). 🙂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SwimmingDragon said:

Don't know when you are going or which ship. My husband needs one. The outlet in the Duplex on the Meraviglia has one on the side of the bed, but you need to bring a converter like Av8tor mentioned. Most European outlets run at 240 not 120 (American), hence you need the converter as well as the plug. You can find one on Amazon easily. The plug you are looking for is the E/F (specifically F). 🙂

Depending on the particular CPAP machine, you may not need the converter that transforms 220 volts to 110 volts.  Most new machines have a "power brick" setup that can accept almost any input voltage and the "brick" converts it to the proper power the machine needs.  You'd only need to have a plug adapter to allow the male plug end of the power brick cord to fit into whatever  female outlet you plan to use. Just check the specifications for what input voltage the power brick can accept...

Edited by Av8tor
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, Av8tor said:

That's why I said to bring european plug adapters.  I bet there was an European outlet somewhare closer tham the closet that you couid have used with your own extension cord

Not just an adapter.  You need a step down voltage convertor from 220 to 110.  If you just have an adapter you will fry your machine!

• Like 1

I was in the duplex on the Meraviglia a few weeks ago and plugged my cpap into one of these.  

https://a.co/d/fS3VxCm

As other have said, there is an outlet right next to the bed.

Nothing else was required as my machine (resmed airsense) has a power supply (brick) which converts the 220 into the correct voltage.