Getting to Budget Car Rental in Civitavecchia

Mimiya11

We have a rental car booked on the day we disembark but forgot to figure out an important detail

Are there shuttle buses from the port to car rentals?  

Thanks. 

Yes.  Take the free shuttle bus to the Largo della Pace service center.  From there you can walk to the Budget office, about 100 meters/less than 400 feet away.

Shuttle bus info:  Shuttles | Port Mobility Civitavecchia

Budget office and hours, from their site (Noleggia un’auto online: Noleggia un’auto in Regno Unito, Europa e nel mondo - Budget - Budget (budgetautonoleggio.it))

Bud

Civitavecchia Port-Italia

Civitavecchia Port
Via 16 Settembre 46
Civitavecchia

Chiama il numero: 0766 500336

Opening times

Lunedì
08:30 - 12:30
14:30 - 18:00
Martedì
Mercoledì
Giovedì
Venerdì
Sabato
08:30 - 11:00
Domenica
08:30 - 11:00

We have picked-up and dropped at that Budget location and it is quite convenient to the shuttle bus (as per Euro Cruiser).  I also recall our experience at that Budget location which is that paperwork issues can move at a snails pace.  Pray for no queues and have a fantastic trip.  We do love having a car in italy :).

Hank

Thanks for the advice. 

But in the end, it is a holiday on the day we disembark and the office is closed which I found out randomly by going on their website. 

We booked through Expedia yet they confirmed a reservation!!!   

In the process of booking directly through our only option Locauto at the railway station.  A lot more $$ too. 

4 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Thanks for the advice. 

But in the end, it is a holiday on the day we disembark and the office is closed which I found out randomly by going on their website. 

We booked through Expedia yet they confirmed a reservation!!!   

In the process of booking directly through our only option Locauto at the railway station.  A lot more $$ too. 

That is a real bummer.  We, recently, had a similar situation with Avis when we booked a May 1 reservation to pick-up a car in Trieste.  The Avis web site accepted our reservation and even generated a series of confirmation and reminder e-mails!  But I was very suspicious of the reservation because it was on a major holiday.  When I called Avis, they eventurally confirmed that the location would be closed and had no explanation why we had a confrimed reservation.  Ultimately, we had to Uber about 20 miles to the nearest airport where there was an open rental car location.  We have also had issues with Europcar, in Greece, where we had a confirmed reservation at a Naxos office that had been closed for nearly a year!  I would not blame Expedia, as we have started to understand that the problem is with the rental car companies, themsevles!

We often warn folks, here on CC, to be wary of getting rental cars (in Italy and France) on a Sunday or holiday.  

Hank