Indonesian Cruise departing Singapore-Evisa

elmac40

Hi 

Looking for advice from anyone who has done the above cruise. 

My question is with regards to the Indonesian EVisa. 

I will go online to the official Indonesian website and purchase my B1Visa on Arrival. 

After this when on the cruise do we pass our passports to HAL for them to have this checked by the Indonesian authorities (our first port after Singapore is Surabaya) or when off the ship do we have our passports checked at the port in Surabaya? Any advice appreciated. 

Does your cruise stop at more than 1 Indonesian port after another non-Indonesian port? Ours does so trying to figure out if we can do 2 of the B1 on Arrival visas.  That would be a lot less money than the multiple visit visa.

2 hours ago, elmac40 said:

Hi 

I will go online to the official Indonesian website and purchase my B1Visa on Arrival. 

After this when on the cruise do we pass our passports to HAL for them to have this checked by the Indonesian authorities (our first port after Singapore is Surabaya) or when off the ship do we have our passports checked at the port in Surabaya? Any advice appreciated. 

Upon embarkation take a copy of your visa to customer service and have them make a note that you have pre-purchased your Indonesian visa.

20 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Upon embarkation take a copy of your visa to customer service and have them make a note that you have pre-purchased your Indonesian visa.

But does it work to get the 2 separate single entrance visas instead of the other options?

9 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

But does it work to get the 2 separate single entrance visas instead of the other options?

There is a one year, multiple entry visa which costs 3,000,000 IDR, which is equivalent of about $188.00 USD, the one time visa is 500,000 which is about $30.00 USD.  

We did just a single entry visa for multiple ports in Indonesia (Westerdam Asian cruise late last year). After the first port, the stewards will drop a form in your cabin to fill out and give at the port authorities on disembarkation (although only 1 or 2 ports were actually interested to take the paper! We even saw on one port the papers were in a bin).

Regarding your question of visa requirements if leaving the country and coming back, I think the original visa may still apply if you're back within 30 days. But please check anyway, don't take my word for it.

• Thanks 1

Was on a Indonesian cruise late last year.

When you get on they will collect your passport and give it back when you leave indonesia.  For the visa, first check what is needed and accepted.  What I am describing is for the USA.

You can do nothing and you will get a visa on board, the cruise line will also charge you.  For HAL the cost was $60, I don't know if that was what Indonesia charged them.

The more work version and cheaper is to go to the Indonesia on-line site https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/ and for around $35 get your visa there, the site can be a pain to get working.  If you go this way make sure you print out  the final version with all the bar codes on a single page.  Then include a printed copy of that visa with your passport.  Tell the cruise people when they are collecting your passports and they flagged it.

I did the on-line version and was not charged the money for the visa.

If you want further info on applying online please see roll call "Westerdam November 25th, 2023 Indonesia Discovery from/to Singapore" Page 18, post #445 with steps. That roll call also has heaps of other Indonesian info that you may find useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

One further question regarding the E-visa for Indonesia-when applying online it asks for your accommodation address in Indonesia. If we’re on a cruise ship what do we state and what post code should we use? Many thanks! 

On 8/11/2024 at 9:01 PM, elmac40 said:

Hi 

You might also have to register with Singapore its quick easy and free. Have a great cruise its a fascinating part of the world.

https://www.ica.gov.sg/enter-transit-depart/entering-singapore

Happy planning

Edited by cruiseaholic78
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Relating to visiting Singapore, has anyone had experience with taking their CPAP machine? One place said that doctor's prescription and advanced approval was needed but somewhere else said it's not a problem. Thanks!

Best to check on the Singapore government HSA website for what has to be approved.  

On 8/11/2024 at 3:01 PM, elmac40 said:

Hi 

Depending on when your cruise leaves, you may not need a Visa. 

Indonesia is going visa-free for 20 countries: Travel Weekly Asia (travelweekly-asia.com)

• Thanks 1