Oceania Riviera April 2025 - Breakfast / Coffee Concierge Level in Cabin available?

MonikaV

Dear fellow cruisers - this will be our first cruise with Oceania in while going through the webside I m unsure if they still offer breakfast in the cabins? I am a very early risern- my husband is not - and I normally enjoy a cup of coffee before he even opens his eyes. I know there are no coffee making facilities in the cabins but is it possible to get coffee somewhere this early (around 5.30 or 6:00)?

Thank you and happy sailing 😊 

Monika

7 minutes ago, MonikaV said:

Dear fellow cruisers - this will be our first cruise with Oceania in while going through the webside I m unsure if they still offer breakfast in the cabins? I am a very early risern- my husband is not - and I normally enjoy a cup of coffee before he even opens his eyes. I know there are no coffee making facilities in the cabins but is it possible to get coffee somewhere this early (around 5.30 or 6:00)?

Monika

Yes you can still have room service for breakfast and coffee is available in the concierge lounge and Horizons but I don’t know from what time. Somebody will pop in and tell you!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This relates to me. Some time back someone here recommended to pack an insulated cup, with screw top, in luggage. Then fill at the barista station and return to cabin if that is my desire. I will travel with such a thermal container and use it during airport stays and even hotel, perhaps.

All while the princess sleeps.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

insulated cup, with screw top, in luggage

I bring a thermos and my tall ceramic mug. Coffee and I are serious about our relationship!! This is before room service breakfast w/2 carafes.

• Like 2

Great ideas - even lukewarm coffee from a thermos mug is better than none - or getting dressed just to grab some urgently needed coffee. Thank you for your input.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jackdeb said:

...no need to get dressed I have often seen people at Baristas when it opens in the provided robes and slippers....

Though it does make you wonder what the attire is in Baristas on the rare "nude cruises".

• Haha 2

Riviera Info on converters and magnets would be appreciated.  On other lines we have had to bring magnets to hang necessary paperwork and hats, belts etc and of course bring converters and extension cords to plug in our multitude of electronics.  Any info on both would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, funnyname said:

Riviera Info on converters and magnets would be appreciated.  On other lines we have had to bring magnets to hang necessary paperwork and hats, belts etc and of course bring converters and extension cords to plug in our multitude of electronics.  Any info on both would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Since being updated a lot of the metal surfaces have been covered with soft material. There are still some metal surfaces, so bring some magnets and experiment. Riviera has USB plugs by the bed now, but I find it's always a good idea to bring some adaptors. A converter is another animal altogether. 

As far as extension cords go, you may or may not have them confiscated. I've seen it happen before. Best to request an extension cord from housekeeping. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2024 at 11:52 AM, jackdeb said:

MonikaV, no need to get dressed I have often seen people at Baristas when it opens in the provided robes and slippers. Do bring your insulated cup.

Yes Monika dressing is suggested. Bathrobes are not for public areas even though some folks think it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Pretty sure Baristas is not open at 5:30 -6:00. In my experience, room service coffee is not good. Horizon’s has coffee on all ships except the Vista.   We are early risers, and typically use Horizon’s at that hour.  Concierge and executive lounges also — if you book an A or above cabin —unless you are on an R ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarbaraM said:

Pretty sure Baristas is not open at 5:30 -6:00. In my experience, room service coffee is not good. Horizon’s has coffee on all ships except the Vista.   We are early risers, and typically use Horizon’s at that hour.  Concierge and executive lounges also — if you book an A or above cabin —unless you are on an R ship.

Thank you, Barbar,  for this information. I am surprised regarding coffee being available at Horizons - I though that is a bar? On our 18 day cruise I should definitely have the opportunity to find out .... We do have access to the concierge lounge and this in the end would probably be the quickest and easiest way as it located close to our cabin. Very much looking forward to the experience. 

7 hours ago, MonikaV said:

... I am surprised regarding coffee being available at Horizons - I thought that is a bar? 

It can be many things depending upon the time of day. On our 20 nights on Riviera 10-11/2023 there was a small section of it that had a continental breakfast area each morning, with coffee. IIRC starboard side. I'd often see crew there in their white uniforms. Remember enjoying it one early morning while sailing in the fog to get to Kotor.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

It can be many things depending upon the time of day. On our 20 nights on Riviera 10-11/2023 there was a small section of it that had a continental breakfast area each morning, with coffee. IIRC starboard side. I'd often see crew there in their white uniforms. Remember enjoying it one early morning while sailing in the fog to get to Kotor.

That sounds lovely, I hope it is still happening in this manner next year. On our cruise we will have a lot of sea days - I will check Horizons and see. Thank you so much and greetings! 

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2024 at 1:43 AM, MonikaV said:

Monika

Which ship are you on, it makes a difference.

DOH, nevermind, I see in the title you're on the Riviera. You have a lot of options, but as you said, the Concierge Lounge is probably your best bet. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1