British now require Visa to visit Roatan Honduras 🇭🇳

little britain

Posted (edited)

IMPORTANT 

Visa requirements

From 15 August, British nationals will require a visa to enter Honduras.

Read information about requirements and how to apply for a Honduran visa (in Spanish) in London from the Honduran Embassy.

If you are not in London, contact the nearest Embassy of Honduras for information and instructions on how to apply for a visa. You can also contact the National Institute of Migration (in Spanish).

Usually you get a 30-day visit entry stamp in your passport when you arrive. You can apply at an immigration office to extend your stay.

If you overstay, you may get a fine that you must pay before you leave Honduras. For information on how to extend your stay or pay a fine, contact the National Institute of Migration (in Spanish).

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/honduras/entry-requirements

Edited by little britain

• little britain changed the title to British now require Visa to visit Roatan Honduras 🇭🇳
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, little britain said:

IMPORTANT 

Visa requirements

From 15 August, British nationals will require a visa to enter Honduras.

Read information about requirements and how to apply for a Honduran visa (in Spanish) in London from the Honduran Embassy.

If you are not in London, contact the nearest Embassy of Honduras for information and instructions on how to apply for a visa. You can also contact the National Institute of Migration (in Spanish).

Usually you get a 30-day visit entry stamp in your passport when you arrive. You can apply at an immigration office to extend your stay.

If you overstay, you may get a fine that you must pay before you leave Honduras. For information on how to extend your stay or pay a fine, contact the National Institute of Migration (in Spanish).

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/honduras/entry-requirements

Is this an official update to the various previous threads that got merged (unhelpfully) onto the UK  cruisers board or just a repeat of the original announcement?

it seems so far British cruisers are being allowed to board but too early to know if they can get off in Roatan. 

This would be a useful place to post any final announcements. As I said before there are Brit’s living outside the UK that will probably monitor the boards for the ports of call they are visiting but not the UK. Cruisers site. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1

I looked but couldn’t see any posts on the subject ( never thought of checking UK board … seems logical to me to put such info on the boards for the port 🤷‍♀️)

As it all seems to be very recent and sudden - I have read on another site the RCI Guatemala have apparent said nothing is needed but I would prefer getting this in writing from the Consulate! Awaiting their reply 

3 minutes ago, little britain said:

I looked but couldn’t see any posts on the subject ( never thought of checking UK board … seems logical to me to put such info on the boards for the port 🤷‍♀️)

As it all seems to be very recent and sudden - I have read on another site the RCI Guatemala have apparent said nothing is needed but I would prefer getting this in writing from the Consulate! Awaiting their reply 

Yes it has been an ongoing topic of discussion since it was  suddenly announced a few weeks ago. Several threads were started and merged. 

I agree this certainly seems a relevant place to post the information and where I first saw it. 

It seems to be a reaction to the UK requiring visas, which is often the case, but the administration has caused chaos.

I suspect cruisers will get the not-uncommon waiver for day visits but that is pure speculation and the announcement has caused a lot of anxiety and uncertainty for people with current travel plans. 

** update **

Visa NOT required for cruise passengers 

VISA EXCEPTIONS FOR BRITISH NATIONALS TRAVELLING TO HONDURAS VIA CRUISE

Dear Sir/Madam:

We hope this message finds you well. We are writing to inform you of an important update regarding your upcoming cruise to Honduras. As of July 25, 2024, the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs of Honduras has signed Agreement No. 008-SG-2024, which exempts British nationals traveling to Honduras via cruise ship from the requirement to obtain a visa. 

This means that as a British passport holder, you will be able to enter Honduran territory without the need for a visa during your cruise. We hope this eases your travel planning and ensures a more enjoyable experience as you visit our beautiful country. Please ensure you have your passport with you, as it will still be required for entry and exit. 

Should you have any further questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We wish you a pleasant and memorable journey to Honduras. 

Best regards, 

Embassy of Honduras in London | Embajada de Honduras en Londres 

Office:+44(0) 2074864880 136 Baker St, 4th Floor, London W1U 6UD

• Thanks 1

This is good news! Thanks for the update and confirmation. 

This is what I would have expected.

If it was signed on July 25th it took a long time for information to be shared with appropriate authorities causing a lot of unnecessary stress.

• Thanks 1