Next Cruise question

Wife and I are going on a cruise next year.  Our adult son would now like to go on the cruise and get the adjoining room.  Wife and I are going on a cruise next week.  While on board, can we go to Next Cruise and make the reservation for the our son?  We would not be making any other reservations for ourselves.  The the net cruise price (irrespective of the rotating RCI "sales") will be about the same whether done on land or on the ship.  The main reason for doing this would be so the son can get the OBC (and maybe a cheaper deposit).  I would think I would be able to do this, but just wondering if anyone on here has done this.

Posted (edited)

Looks like you can, because it refers to making reservations for friends and family... 

"A maximum of three (3) NextCruise Bookings of up to three (3) staterooms each, can be made per person while onboard each Royal Caribbean International cruise for yourself, your friends or family. Only one onboard credit or dollars off promotion shall be awarded for each qualifying NextCruise Booking. Back-to-back consecutive cruises will be treated as one cruise when determining the number of NextCruise bookings a person is permitted to make. NextCruise cannot be used for Travel Agent resale. You must be 21 years of age or older and sailing on a Royal Caribbean International cruise or participating in an authorized day visit onboard a Royal Caribbean International ship, at the time of booking in order to take advantage of our NextCruise program. At least one person named at the time when a confirmed NextCruise Booking was created onboard must sail under that booking or it will be treated as having been cancelled. For a NextCruise Booking initially made as an Open Booking, at least one person named at the time when a specific ship and sail date were selected must sail under that booking or it will be treated as having been cancelled."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/next-cruise-booking-terms-and-conditions.pdf

Edited by watcher_62

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Wife and I are going on a cruise next year.  Our adult son would now like to go on the cruise and get the adjoining room.  Wife and I are going on a cruise next week.  While on board, can we go to Next Cruise and make the reservation for the our son?  We would not be making any other reservations for ourselves.  The the net cruise price (irrespective of the rotating RCI "sales") will be about the same whether done on land or on the ship.  The main reason for doing this would be so the son can get the OBC (and maybe a cheaper deposit).  I would think I would be able to do this, but just wondering if anyone on here has done this.

Yes but 2 things to consider.  The price may go up more in the next week than the obc you will get and the room may be booked by someone else.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach