Disembarking at Barcelona

I know that thinking about disembarkation before even getting on the ship is not a good idea but we are shortly going on QV out/in Barcelona.

I have a quick question for anyone who has disembarked at Barcelona - are there any baggage trollies available in the arrivals hall, or better still porters?

This is essential information as it will determine how may cases SWMBO takes😇or to be more precise how much space I will be allowed!

On the occasions I have disembarked at Barcelona I have never seen any porters.

As for baggage trollies, probably, but I never bothered as the distance between the hall and the taxis outside is so short that they were not worth bothering with.

And as you are on QV, assuming that you are disembarking to head to the airport, then I would recommend checking out the private car airport transfer Cunard offer, as the last time I did that it wasn't significantly more expensive than a taxi but being wafted to the airport in a big black BMW was far nicer - and the driver took care of the large suitcases.

1 minute ago, 9265359 said:

private car airport transfer Cunard offer

Is that something that you book when onboard? Don't normally do fly cruises which is why I trying to get my "ducks in a row"

2 hours ago, david63 said:

Is that something that you book when onboard? Don't normally do fly cruises which is why I trying to get my "ducks in a row"

Yes. It was offered when we were asked towards the end of the cruise about preferences for disembarkation time and I had some OBC left over and it was a good way to use it.

These were the options available in 2018. We left our cases at the Bags and Co counter and they delivered them to our hotel while we went into the city. They'll deliver to the airport if you have a later flight and don't want to go straight there.

IMG_20180910_143546.jpg.4a68bdfe3f2601fe921d5f9aca544d15.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2024 at 11:57 AM, david63 said:

Thanks - I don't suppose you remember how much it was do you?

Around £50 or so for both of us, and as a taxi is a fixed price of 39€ then the small difference in price was well worth it.

Edited by 9265359