Majestic Princess bad reviews?

Beachiekeen

Memoak and I have quite opposite views, especially when it comes to the Majestic. We absolutely loved Harmony and booked another sailing on the Majestic just to get in there one last time before she goes into dry dock!  And the Catch is my absolute favorite restaurant, be it on land or at sea!  It’s simply the best food I’ve ever eaten.  Plus, we like the balcony seating in its current location and love watching what’s happening below in the piazza.  Is he/she wrong in their preferences?  Absolutely not!  You see, all of this is subjective and based on personal tastes.  

BTW, there is a tip jar in every bar but it’s normally hidden from the public, sometimes even in one of the refrigerators behind the bartender. Unless you specifically state you wish to have a tip remain in the pocket of the beneficiary, they will put all tips left for drinks into a jar that is out of sight … you will only notice it if you’re at the bar watching for awhile.  they are really good about sharing with their teammates and consistently so.  
we oftentimes fill gift bags of goodies for the crew that they can’t easily find and stick a small amount of cash.  We always tell them, you don’t have to share because their coworkers will also get the same.  Otherwise, they pull the money out and put it into that tip jar.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

It's true. To each his/her own. While we love the size of the Coral; we really enjoyed our cruise on Majestic last year around NZ/AUS and will be on her again in 3 weeks. We also booked a cruise from Boston-->Quebec in 2026. No hesitation whatsoever. 

We are actually booked Boston-Quebec- Boston next year on her

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

And the Catch is my absolute favorite restaurant, be it on land or at sea!  It’s simply the best food I’ve ever eaten.  

We totally agree, the Catch is by far our favorite onboard restaurant!  During our upcoming 51 day sailing, I'm sure we will dine there at least once per week (we have the Plus Package).  🙂

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

BTW, there is a tip jar in every bar but it’s normally hidden from the public,

We have seen the tip jar many times.  Always out of public view, but if you are seated at the bar for any length of time and are observant, you'll see them put tips into it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We have seen the tip jar many times.  Always out of public view, but if you are seated at the bar for any length of time and are observant, you'll see them put tips into it.

I often wonder if those people you remove gratuities and tip a few dollars per drink on the standard plan realize they are already paying 18% on each drink