Harvest Caye vs Great Stirrup Cay

The ship docks at HC and tenders at GSC (depending on the weather sometimes GSC is skipped).

At GSC drinks and food are included and you can use your ship card while at HC drinks and food must be paid for separately and are not included.

HC has a large swimming pool in addition to the beach. At GSC there is a new infinity pool but I think the pool is only for those who rent cabanas or villas at Silver Cove (I could be wrong about this).

Both islands offer cabanas for rent with GSC having more cabana/villa rental options. They are not cheap but if you have a group to share in the cost, they are totally worth it in my opinion.

Both offer a wide variety of excursions and both have ziplines (for a price). You can easily search online for the different offerings. At GSC one excursion is swimming with pigs if you're into that.

• Like 1

We have been to both a few times. HC docks and that is a huge advantage.  GSC tenders are efficient but it cuts down on the time on the island. Budget at least 30 min each way between waiting for a tender and the trip. GSC has food included and the beverage package works there while HC everything has to be paid for. I haven't done it but I know people who go back to the ship to eat on HC and then come back to save money. If your teens like swimming on GSC it will be in the ocean and in HC the ocean but also a pool. The sand on HC is very rough and pebbly while on GSC somewhat smooth. Bring water shoes to wear to either island. If you look at the excursions offered at both islands you can better gauge what your teens would like. 

On 8/18/2024 at 2:03 AM, jackadapt said:

Any feedback on pros/cons of these 2 private islands?  We are parents to 2 active teens and are torn on which to target for our spring break trip.  Thanks for any advice.

While HC is private it is run in partnership with the Beliezian government. Everything is pay as you go, nothing is charged to the ship except shore excursions just like any other port. 

GSC is more like an extension of the ship. Food is included, drinks are included if you have a beverage package, no cash needed.