Luggage Pick Up Hotel Port Question

Cinders411

DH and I have just booked our 1st Princess cruise. We are avid cruisers but have just never tried Princess. We heard a lot of good reports about cruising on Princess to Alaska so we decided to give it a try. Looking at staying at the Pan Pacific. How early can you get the porter to pick up our luggage from the room and transfer to our ship? We are early risers and wish to have a nice breakfast prior to our boarding time. I have also heard horror stories about the embarkation process at the Vancouver port. Any suggestions to make it a bit smoother would be appreciated as well. thank you in advance!

Posted (edited)

Porters do not pick up luggage from the hotel.  You chose a terrific location for the start of your cruise.  You can arrange (for a small fee) for the bellman to pick up your luggage.  The hotel will deliver it directly to the ship.  

We had ours picked up at 9:30 and checked out at 10.  If you prefer earlier, I am sure the hotel will hold your luggage until the appropriate time.  

You DO NOT need to start in garage level (drop off bags).  But I can’t remember where the first point of entry was.  I think it was street level.

Depending on the number of ships in port, it can be a nightmare.  Even with just the Grand in port, there was a short line.  We were seated in the waiting area by 10:30 for (priority) boarding at 11.

Welcome to Princess.

Edited by cr8tiv1

3 hours ago, Cinders411 said:

DH and I have just booked our 1st Princess cruise. We are avid cruisers but have just never tried Princess. We heard a lot of good reports about cruising on Princess to Alaska so we decided to give it a try. Looking at staying at the Pan Pacific. How early can you get the porter to pick up our luggage from the room and transfer to our ship? We are early risers and wish to have a nice breakfast prior to our boarding time. I have also heard horror stories about the embarkation process at the Vancouver port. Any suggestions to make it a bit smoother would be appreciated as well. thank you in advance!

The hotel will pick up your luggage usually between 7:30 and 10:30 if memory serves. We always board after 1:00 to avoid crowds. We have 3 bags and tip $20 (this is not a free service). You can ask the person who picks up your luggage where check in is since it changes. You will take the convention center elevators to either the CS level (that is the baggage area or an exhibit hall we have done both over the last year as we cruise from Vancouver often

On 8/18/2024 at 1:01 PM, memoak said:

The hotel will pick up your luggage usually between 7:30 and 10:30 if memory serves. We always board after 1:00 to avoid crowds. We have 3 bags and tip $20 (this is not a free service). You can ask the person who picks up your luggage where check in is since it changes. You will take the convention center elevators to either the CS level (that is the baggage area or an exhibit hall we have done both over the last year as we cruise from Vancouver often

Do you select the time of pickup?