Taxis in St John's Nfd

tring

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BroadwayGirl said:

There are a few looking to take people on tours, but that's about it. 

Thanks a lot for the reply.  We will be looking for a taxi to take us to my brother and SIL's house which is about 15 miles out of town, so not a particularly cheap trip and, as we plan leave at about 9am, should give a taxi driver plenty of time to return and pick up someone wanting a tour.  We are still a bit uncertain if we need to book a taxi either through a local company (City Wide Taxis) or could call an Uber, or whether to hope we will be OK finding one at the port. 

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

We have just visited St John’s and walked off the ship to get straight in a taxi, which took us out to the Enterprise car rental office.  No problems at all.

Thank you for the reply.  I think you were on the Bolette cruise to Canada and Greenland, which we cancelled, partly due to a health issue.  All fine now and we embark Arcadia tomorrow, for b2b cruises, the second of which goes over to Canada/US, which we booked in the summer.

I hope you really enjoyed your cruise.  Must admit I was tracking it and looking at some reports from people on board.  It really did look like an impressive cruise, being able to visit all Greenland ports, plus Prins Cristianson, as well as having a lot of good weather overall, something that is not often done on those sort of itineraries.  

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Yes, we were, it was a fantastic itinerary, just loved it.

So glad about that.  We had been to most ports before, apart from the two tender ports, but did regret cancelling in the end, but off to the docks now to embark Arcadia, so sure that will be good as well.

Edited by tring