MSC Euribia 15. March 2025 from Dubai

Hoschi

Hello everyone,

apart from the fact that we hope every day, the route won't be canceled (our Aida cruise was cancelled), I have a question/request.

We would need 2 cabins (children 3 and 6) with a connecting door, unfortunately there are no 2 balcony cabins with a connecting door available.

But I have seen that there are individual connecting cabins available and another one just next to them.

e.g.: 8022, 8038, 9063, 11022, 11097, 11098, 11134, 11137.

Maybe someone is here in the community and could contact me via PM.

Thanks in advance.

Greeting

Hoschi

Did you thoroughly read the Guidelines for this site?  It explains the possibilities pretty well.  What is it that a mod can do for you?  Are you confused into thinking CC is a travel agency?  No, we are not.  We are a community of members who like to cruise and share our experiences.  You cannot book cruises through CC, although CC accepts many ads from travel agencies.

As far as cabins are concerned, part of your problem is that virtually all of the connecting cabins are for three in one and four in the other.  MSC is not going to let you book two into a cabin that will hold three or four.  They are not going to book four people into cabins that could hold seven.  Also, are you an experienced cruiser?  Have you booked connecting cabins on other lines?  On other lines, with children the ages of yours you would have to book an adult and child in each cabin, and then once onboard, if you wish to have the children in one cabin and adults in the other, have the people switched after you are onboard, or get extra key cards for the cabins.  However, MSC does not issue extra cards for people to switch cabins.  (It has been suggested that this has been done for groups in the Yacht Club, but you are not looking at YC).  I have also suggested that you can get around this if you are on a ‘smart’ ship of which Euribia is one, by getting the bracelets which cost $10 each and trading among yourselves.

But I think the only way for you to secure connecting cabins is to call MSC or a travel agent.  EM

By the looks/pattern of which cabins the MSC website is showing as available I'm thinking for various reasons MSC is holding cabins back from your online view.  Have you tried calling and talking to a MSC phone agent about getting connected cabins?  My bet is they will accommodate you.

You will have to book one adult in each cabin, and cost wise it will likely be best for one child to be in each cabin. 

This would be our 4th cruise..

Our childeren would not sleep alone.

1st Cabin: Dad, Mom, 3year old doughter

2nd Cabin: Oma and 6 year old son

Of course I already called MSC. They are not allowed to contact passenger for asking if they could move a bit.

The told me to look at the HP weekly or so. Some times people cancel or move.

I was hoping, someone would read this, and the wouldn't mind to move a bit..

I think you are out of luck there.  Because Euribia sails in Europe, and most of the guests will be from Europe.  Cruise Critic membership weighs heavily from North America.  Most European cruisers do not even know CC exists.  About the only place to hope to find someone to switch cabins would be on the ROLL CALL for your cruise, but I see there is not one existing.  You might also check other social media sites to see if there is a group on this sailing.  EM

Posted (edited)

Simply by entering different numbers of passengers you can see there's plenty of connecting cabins available on your sailing.  For further out sailings MSC is going to push you to cabins that exactly match your occupancy when possible.  Usually a knowledgeable phone agent knows how to view all available cabins and can override the minimum passenger requirements MSC has temporarily set for the cabins. 

I'd keep calling until you get an agent that knows how to work with the system.  Below pics are with four passengers and with two passengers selected.  I don't like using a travel agent but a knowledgeable one should be able to book this also. 

It is possible MSC will initially refuse to book the three passengers into a cabin with four berths.  But as sail date approaches they usually relax that policy.  They are already allowing two passengers in cabins that accommodate more. 

Screenshot_20240822_161504_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2f02f78cb822e58597b4efe8a150ead0.jpg

Screenshot_20240822_161906_Chrome.thumb.jpg.32522002c8c9ccee570315220f5b13f9.jpg

Edited by Até

@Até: That was a good hint to change the occupancy to 4 people.

But as you said, MSC don't let us (3 passenger) book to a 4 passenger room.

Perhaps in the future, as the cruise is still far away.