MSC Sales?

Bubsmoljo

Hi All-

Cruised out of Brooklyn on the Meraviglia/Aurea to Nassau on 08/04.  Loved it!  We have booked the 08/24/2025 on the Mera. to Bermuda.  I put the deposit down on the cruise while onboard, but haven't paid in full.  When I see sales (like the Labor day sale online now) and can save $150 bucks or so on my final price,  do I call and ask for that pricing or will they apply it as onboard credit? I learned the hard way on the last cruise not to pay in full because you can't take advantage of sales etc.  Am I guaranteed to get the updated rate?  Do I need to call everytime there is a sale?  Or am I being a cheapskate lol.  Not sure I"m conveying my proper question, but hopefully y'all can read my mind .  thanks!

51 minutes ago, Bubsmoljo said:

Hi All-

Cruised out of Brooklyn on the Meraviglia/Aurea to Nassau on 08/04.  Loved it!  We have booked the 08/24/2025 on the Mera. to Bermuda.  I put the deposit down on the cruise while onboard, but haven't paid in full.  When I see sales (like the Labor day sale online now) and can save $150 bucks or so on my final price,  do I call and ask for that pricing or will they apply it as onboard credit? I learned the hard way on the last cruise not to pay in full because you can't take advantage of sales etc.  Am I guaranteed to get the updated rate?  Do I need to call everytime there is a sale?  Or am I being a cheapskate lol.  Not sure I"m conveying my proper question, but hopefully y'all can read my mind .  thanks!

Get a good travel agent. One might have to cancel and rebook every time. When this occurs problems ensue. Lost deposits, cancelled booking, penalty transfers, many shenanigans occur. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubsmoljo said:

Hi All-

The best option I have found is to book the new cruise (to ensure you get the new rate), then cancel the previous cruise. This requires a new deposit and waiting 30 to 60 days for the refund of the deposit on the original cruise, but trying to get them to move it or changing anything on the original booking usually does not go well, from my experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JT1962 said:

The best option I have found is to book the new cruise (to ensure you get the new rate), then cancel the previous cruise. This requires a new deposit and waiting 30 to 60 days for the refund of the deposit on the original cruise, but trying to get them to move it or changing anything on the original booking usually does not go well, from my experience.

I have found that they won't change the original booking.  MSC is like no other cruise line....they do things the hard  (and illogical) way.  So every time there's a price drop...you'll need to cancel and rebook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oceans.calling said:

If you cancel and rebook, you would lose the booking onboard OBC. Not sure how much you received but maybe compare the prices before you cancel then decide. 

i didn't think of that!!!  i got $125 plus my VC 5% disc so ill just leave it alone

• Like 1

Just did this:

I booked 2 weeks ago during a sale. Today I did a mock booking and saw that my price dropped so I called MSC. I was paid in full as the cruise is this November. Agent repriced my cruise to the lower price and then applied my money to buying the WiFi for 2 people. Just call MSC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Basketball wife said:

With onboard bookings, can you book two cabins- one for yourself currently sailing and a second cabin for another couple not currently sailing— and still get the promotional onboard credit for both cabins?

No, you have to be sailing to book.  

20 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Just did this:

I booked 2 weeks ago during a sale. Today I did a mock booking and saw that my price dropped so I called MSC. I was paid in full as the cruise is this November. Agent repriced my cruise to the lower price and then applied my money to buying the WiFi for 2 people. Just call MSC

This is highly unusual especially since you are paid in full.  Never, ever seen this happen (the price on my most recent cruise dropped about $250 the day after I booked).  Was told "too bad, so sad".. or  the Italian equivalent of 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

This is highly unusual especially since you are paid in full.  Never, ever seen this happen (the price on my most recent cruise dropped about $250 the day after I booked).  Was told "too bad, so sad".. or  the Italian equivalent of 😉

Right-I think you def got lucky Smokeycat.  When i booked my first cruise with them I couldn't get the lower price before my sailing because I had already paid in full.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Match Game 72 said:

Are deposits refundable before final payment? This would be for a 7 day cruise.

Yes, for all categories except Yacht Club.  Those are not refundable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bubsmoljo said:

Right-I think you def got lucky Smokeycat.  When i booked my first cruise with them I couldn't get the lower price before my sailing because I had already paid in full.  

I must have had a very rare wonderful MSC agent! He sounded like he was in the US and not foreign 🤷‍♀️