Beach bar walking distance from cruise ship

OldCruiseGuy12

The ship docks in the downtown area,  so no beaches are close by. There are several good restaurants/ bars located in that area. My favorite is Lucy's Retired Surfer's Bar. You can sit out back and view the boats in the harbor.  Another good one is Iguana Joe's. It is located across from the harbor and upstairs,  but has nice views of the ships. The shopping area that it is in is being converted to condos.  Iguana Joe's has opened a new location in Palm Beach,  and has limited hours now in the downtown location.  I'm not sure if the construction downtown has started yet, but it might not be open when you are there. 

• Like 1

Although DH and I have walked many miles (either direction) from the cruise port, I would not say that there are any nice beach bars, within a mile walk, that fit your description of likes. 

Also, there simply is not much shade available during the walking.  I always carry a large umbrella for "shade" during our walks. (Which also comes in handy for pop-up showers that are known to happen.

Not sure what you are looking for but there is a small beach about a half hour walk from the cruise terminal. It is called Surfside beach and it does have a few very casual food and drink outlets right on the beach that offer shade. An added attraction is its proximity to the end of the runway at the main airport. The planes seem to skim over your head which may be interesting to you or off putting. We found it fascinating. When you leave the cruise port turn right and walk thru town over the bridge. Google maps will get you there if you are interested.