seeking advice on which itinerary would be the better choice on Princess Land of Midnight Sun cruise

Itinerary A

Bergen

Olden

Andalsnes

Tromso

Honnigsvag

Alta

Molde

Trondheim

Edinburgh

*difference on A - no Skjolden/Sogneford, Alesund, Haugesund

Itinerary B 

Edinburgh

Skjolden/Sognefjord

Olden

Trondheim

Honnigsvag

Tromso

Alesund

Haugesund

*difference on B- no Bergen, Andalsnes, Alta, Molde

Thanks for any advice. I believe that we would get one extra fjord on choice B with Skjolden/Sognefjord, but no sure if the trade off is worth it.

Posted (edited)

The timing makes no difference.

Iceland does not have the midnight sun at midsummer - However, the northernmost tip of Iceland is close by.

Both of the mentioned itineraries come inside the Arctic Circle where there is a midnight sun.  
Both itineraries include Olden, which is a port in one of the iconic deep fjords - the fjord to Skjolden is not ‘that iconic’.

Bergen has much more to offer. I would choose an itinerary that includes Bergen.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

seeking advice on which itinerary would be the better choice on Princess Land of Midnight Sun cruise

Not that I am biased in any way, but I would go with itinerary A as it includes Edinburgh!!😁

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Not that I am biased in any way, but I would go with itinerary A as it includes Edinburgh!!

As does 'B' 😉

As one is more early to arrive in advance of sailing and leave quickly after the cruise ends, 'B' would likely give the OP more time to see a little more of Edinburgh.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

As one is more early to arrive in advance of sailing and leave quickly after the cruise ends, 'B' would likely give the OP more time to see a little more of Edinburgh.

16 hours ago, shcopeland said:

Thanks for any advice.

fruitmachine. Good spot and thank you for that correction.  I had been in a hurry and was about to log out when I spotted the thread and only quickly skimmed through it, not noticing Edinburgh is also  on itinerary B, possibly because it was the first name.

sccopeland, as fruitmachine has rightly noted, itinerary B would give you the opportunity to spend as many days in Scotland and/or only Edinburgh as you are able to spend before embarkation in Edinburgh. this would be a bonus as most cruise passengers only have a few hours to spend in the city and miss a number of worthwhile sights due to time constraints. 😀