Door decorations on Balmoral

My parents are sailing on Balmoral in September. Dad is now in his 80s and starting to get slightly disoriented in new environments. In order for him to get out and about round the ship I was going to suggest they decorate the door of the cabin so he can recognise it easily (nothing flashy, just a couple of fridge magnets or such).

For those of you that are regular FO travellers could you let me know if this would be possible / acceptable / frowned upon? 

3 hours ago, Martha1974 said:

My parents are sailing on Balmoral in September. Dad is now in his 80s and starting to get slightly disoriented in new environments. In order for him to get out and about round the ship I was going to suggest they decorate the door of the cabin so he can recognise it easily (nothing flashy, just a couple of fridge magnets or such).

For those of you that are regular FO travellers could you let me know if this would be possible / acceptable / frowned upon? 

I can’t recall seeing anything similar on the FO cruises we’ve been on but I don’t see why not. But I question whether a magnet would actually adhere to the door. Best to phone FO to find out.

• Thanks 1

I've seen cabins with a piece of wool attached to a cabin door in order for it to be easily identified so I doubt that anyone would bat an eyelid.  The cabin doors are almost certainly fire doors which may well have a strip of metal running through it.  Definitely worth trying  a fridge magnet as it may just well work.  The ship's shop will have a good collection.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2024 at 4:30 PM, paularmstrong said:

As long as they dont attach picture of a pineapple they will be fine

I was going to post the same thing, but didn't have the courage.😃

It has popped up over on the P and O Board a few times and always gives us a laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2