Civitavecchia to Rome- need to be in rome early

Davidm199

My wife, 9 year old daughter and I will be going to Rome in Oct on Ncl.  We are docking at 6:45. I have a Golf cart tour that need to meet near the pantheon by 9:30am

To early to take the high speed train. What the best and cheapest way to get there.  Our ship offers a bus that leaves at 8am but I don't think i will be in rome by 9:30 with having to take a taxi to the pantheon. Plus it would be $300 for it also.

Posted (edited)

You could take the 7:44 regional train from Civitavecchia to Roma Trastevere (arrives 8:30), followed by either the #8 tram or the #8bus (if the tram works are not done by that time).to Arenula/Cairoli.  From this stop to the Pantheon is four-tenths of a mile on foot.  

As for the fare, you could pay the train fare (4,60 euro each way, or 9,20 round trip) and separately pay for public transit in Rome (1,50 euro per use), or you could simply buy the 5-zone BIRG ticket (12 euro) from the newsstand in the Civitavecchia station.  This ticket pays for round trip regional train fare between Civitavecchia and Rome as well as all public transit in Rome (buses, metro, trams) for the entire day.

EN - Trenitalia

Edited by euro cruiser

1 hour ago, euro cruiser said:

You could take the 7:44 regional train from Civitavecchia to Roma Trastevere (arrives 8:30), followed by either the #8 tram or the #8bus (if the tram works are not done by that time).to Arenula/Cairoli.  From this stop to the Pantheon is four-tenths of a mile on foot.  

As for the fare, you could pay the train fare (4,60 euro each way, or 9,20 round trip) and separately pay for public transit in Rome (1,50 euro per use), or you could simply buy the 5-zone BIRG ticket (12 euro) from the newsstand in the Civitavecchia station.  This ticket pays for round trip regional train fare between Civitavecchia and Rome as well as all public transit in Rome (buses, metro, trams) for the entire day.

EN - Trenitalia

Thank you, I think this will work out perfect.

The BIRG ticket is also available at the ticket machines inside the train station (machines are multi language). Don´t forget to cancel/validate the tickets. There are boxes at the platform where you can stamp the ticket.

There´s a bus running from the ship to the train station. It´s the most expensive part of a trip to Rome as this bus is 6 Euro single ride. Or you walk 20 min.

steamboats