Orient Bay Beach Clubs

My husband and I are planning our February beach day to St. Maarten. We're planning to go on our own since the cruise ship excursions (two of them) only last 4 hours, 9:30 AM or 2:30 PM. We are in port from 8 AM to 6 PM.

We've narrowed our beach club choices down to Kontiki, Wai, and Coco (not the one at PDCC). Has anyone visited any of these three clubs? We're looking for a place with a relaxing atmosphere, good food and drinks, and comfortable loungers.

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, LizzieBee said:

My husband and I are planning our February beach day to St. Maarten. We're planning to go on our own since the cruise ship excursions (two of them) only last 4 hours, 9:30 AM or 2:30 PM. We are in port from 8 AM to 6 PM.

We've narrowed our beach club choices down to Kontiki, Wai, and Coco (not the one at PDCC). Has anyone visited any of these three clubs? We're looking for a place with a relaxing atmosphere, good food and drinks, and comfortable loungers.

Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 

A big vote and recommendation for COCO…. https://www.cocobeach.restaurant

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, LizzieBee said:

@PORT ROYAL and @negn

What were your experiences? Did you make reservations before your arrival day? How was the beach service? I'm looking for a quiet, elevated experience (but not snobby), No kids, attentive beach attendants, and excellent food and drink. 

First unable to guarantee “no kids”, as they have a kids menu, and do consider accompanied young ones to be the next generation of visitors.

Yes, it’s a great step up from even the better offerings on Orient.

Genteel - Yes 

Discreet but attentive beach attendants - Yes

Excellent Food & Drinks - Yes (Have an expansive Rhum/Rum Cabinet at all price points)

Comfortable Beds - Yes

Ambience is an upmarket, discreet, private French beach club, shabby chic, if that makes sense.

One usually books in advance (more of a nod to old school protocols than anything else), but same day walk-ins are welcomed, never heard of any visitor being turned away.

Enjoy….

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking for the opposite of LizzieBee.  We have 8 year old twins, so are looking for a family friendly place.  Orange Fever or Pirate Hideout look appropriate on-line, but it's so tell from that. Any suggestions?

I know part of Oriet is clothing optional, so I don't want to accidentally end up there, but I'm also not so uptight that naked people in the distance, or someone out for a long walk is going to be a problem. 

11 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

I’ve been trying to get a response from Coco Beach for a couple of days now.  Any ideas as to how to manage this?  Thanks in advance. 

Has one tried to telephone, as sometimes there us a fault with Interweb connection.

Then there’s always Faceache Messenger.  Also, one can always book on line.

There is the obvious possible explantation, being that they are closed for a short period because this month, and part of next are considered “out of season”.  If true, then they’ll be back next month.

28 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Has one tried to telephone, as sometimes there us a fault with Interweb connection.

Then there’s always Faceache Messenger.  Also, one can always book on line.

There is the obvious possible explantation, being that they are closed for a short period because this month, and part of next are considered “out of season”.  If true, then they’ll be back next month.

Thanks.  I just sent a Facebook message.  I'll be patient.  😉