New to MSC & thinking about booking Meraviglia

2kruzersagain

I have tried to look for answers but still not really clear on how this all works so asking again. We have mostly sailed NCL and Disney. Due to vacation schedule only premium balcony fantastica is available for a final trip with dd before she leaves for college next year. Here are my questions:

1) Are you assigned or do you pick a boarding time? We like to arrive early and make the most of the first day.

2) Is the only option for late dining 9:30? I have seen mixed reports that it can be anywhere between 8-10 pm. 

3) Can you book specialty dining without a package before you board?

4) Can you book free and/or specialty shows before you board?

5) Does MSC give a teacher discount? I have already done the status match.

6) What does 1 free cruise change mean? 

7) Current offer includes drink package & a bit of onboard credit - do they ever offer free gratuities or wifi?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1. You are assigned but it's not really followed.

2. ...... (not sure)

3. No, you can only book packages, not dates/times prior to boarding.

4. You can book the paid shows prior to boarding. The free shows are booked the day of, onboard

5. Yes, however it'll be the same as the Voyager discount, you can't double dip

6. You can change the date/sailing/ship of your cruise once. All but YC, the deposit is fully refundable prior to final payment. 

7. Never seen free grats, they call it a hotel service charge. You might see drinks + wifi again, who knows!

1) Are you assigned or do you pick a boarding time? We like to arrive early and make the most of the first day.
On US sailings, there is no enforcement of arrival times.

2) Is the only option for late dining 9:30? I have seen mixed reports that it can be anywhere between 8-10 pm.
On the Meraviglia, there are four main dining rooms. They each have their own "late" seating time.

3) Can you book specialty dining without a package before you board?
No.

4) Can you book free and/or specialty shows before you board?
No.

I don't think so? I don't know for sure.

6) What does 1 free cruise change mean?

It means you can move your booking to another sailing outside of final payment.

7) Current offer includes drink package & a bit of onboard credit - do they ever offer free gratuities or wifi?
Until VERY recently, they included wifi, but they just recently removed that. Tips are not included.

22 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They have military, first responder, public service discounts that I know of. The best is to call and call a few times as you may get different answers. 

2 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

They have military, first responder, public service discounts that I know of. The best is to call and call a few times as you may get different answers. 

But none of these can be stacked w/ the Voyager's discount, and they're all 5%. So best to just try and status match (or simply sign up) prior to booking.

7 hours ago, KarenGretz said:

But none of these can be stacked w/ the Voyager's discount, and they're all 5%. So best to just try and status match (or simply sign up) prior to booking.

Military discount is 10%…. 

• Like 1