Egypt Air and Alcohol - Wine Specifically

CDNPolar

Hey...

I did a search of CC to see if there were any previous discussions about Egypt Air and alcohol, but came up dry.  No pun intended.

I do understand and know that Egypt Air do not serve alcohol or wine on their flights, but I have heard conflicting stories that suggest that you can take a bottle of wine on board - that you bought in the airport duty free - and either have them serve it, or you can serve it to yourself?

Anyone know?

Even the Egypt Air site is unclear.

I have no direct experience (dry carriers and I don't mix); however, I have read the same thing, that at the flight attendants discretion they may serve you wine that you brought on board.  The ultimate YMMV.

Yeah I've heard about this too, and their contract of carriage hints at it, but...I have no experience and I do imagine it's at the discretion of the flight attendant so I wouldn't count on it. Sorry I don't have more insight. 

11.3 CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL 
You are not allowed to consume alcohol onboard our aircraft (whether purchased as duty free from us or someone else or otherwise obtained) unless it has been served to you by us.  We have the right, at any time for any reason in our discretion, to refuse to serve you alcohol or to withdraw alcohol which has been served to you.

https://www.egyptair.com/en/Pages/Conditions-of-Carriage.aspx

Thanks for the responses... this is what I am seeing and thinking...

Hoping for someone who has flown Egypt Air that has taken wine on to post.

I have found other sites where people talk about discretely pouring their own rum into coke from the miniature bottles, but I am not looking to go against any rules.

I don't HAVE to have wine, but it is nice to relax and have a glass or two with the meal.