New NCL app roll out.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on my phone the google play store only has the legacy app, there is no new app 

I got it from the Play Store this morning. Searched for NCL and scrolled down past the old app.

Operational Announcement: As part of our commitment to being the easiest cruise line to work with, we're excited to announce that NCL is introducing a brand-new mobile app called Norwegian Cruise Line, which will be available for download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store today, August 30, 2024.

Guests who are scheduled to sail on Norwegian Sky on August 30, 2024, Norwegian Encore on September 1, 2024, Norwegian Viva on September 10, 2024 and Norwegian Breakaway on September 15, 2024 can be the first to use the new "Norwegian Cruise Line" app.

Please note that the new NCL mobile app will roll out on a ship-by-ship basis and is only available for select ships as we complete the transition across our fleet.

The legacy mobile app, Cruise Norwegian, will continue to be available until the transition is complete across our fleet.

Edited by cruiseamm
  • Thanks 2

Hmm... Looks like my sailing would be the first on my ship. I think I'll keep the old app installed just in case. Looks like they don't have the spa connected to it yet. I can't book anything and my previous bookings don't appear in my plans. 

I have now explored a little! I have to admit that I'm not always great with change of user interfaces and similar. It takes time for me! Having said that I have noticed some things I do like when looking at my September cruise:
My payments are listed in the app! I like that since I don't get confirmation after each payment for some reason ( I keep good records myself so haven't worried about it, but still like this!)
I'm not crazy about the overall look (but that's probably just me not handling change very well), but I do like that the itinerary is well presented on a day by day basis with both arrival and departure time clearly stated. I do hope this will be updated if there are any changes during the cruise!

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

New and improved software, of many kinds, makes me nervous.  Add NCL IT into the mix and it makes me more nervous.  I'll be watching the early user reports.

New many times <> improved.  Im all for updates just not fond of change that is simply for the sake of change as is often the case!

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

New and improved software, of many kinds, makes me nervous.  Add NCL IT into the mix and it makes me more nervous.  I'll be watching the early user reports.

NCL IT is already loaded with lots of AI, IMHO

Posted (edited)

This is really nice!

It pulls up the dinner reservations and you can click on the menus. Now here is hoping we can view the lunch and dinner menus for the main dining rooms on the app rather than having to go to the dining room each day.

It is also allowing you to make reservations for the main dining room at 5:30pm or 8:30pm even for a ship with a posted rollout date later than our cruise date.

I was able to make a reservation for Skyline Restaurant on POA at 5:30pm and it gave me the option of 5:30pm or 8:30pm. Not that reservations are needed but for those who like to have reservations in advance, this may be a helpful feature.

Edited by Seas2mountains
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Menocchio said:

Hmm... Looks like my sailing would be the first on my ship. I think I'll keep the old app installed just in case. Looks like they don't have the spa connected to it yet. I can't book anything and my previous bookings don't appear in my plans. 

Are you able to switch back and forth between both?  Our cruise leaves a week from Sunday on Encore and I'm a little superstitious about switching and losing data.... not sure when you are cruising but thanks for any info.

Edited by aroundtheriverbend

Surprise!!! The new app PROMISES that if you book tours with them they'll HOLD THE SHIP (direct quote) if you're delayed. Based on what I've read on CC I find that rather unlikely. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Are you able to switch back and forth between both?  Our cruise leaves a week from Sunday on Encore and I'm a little superstitious about switching and losing data.... not sure when you are cruising but thanks for any info.

Yes. I have both on my phone and go between them 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

I even made a dining reservation on the new app but didn't finish it and it was in my cart in the old app. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DwayneG said:

Surprise!!! The new app PROMISES that if you book tours with them they'll HOLD THE SHIP (direct quote) if you're delayed. Based on what I've read on CC I find that rather unlikely. 

So what is NCL's definition of "HOLD THE SHIP"?

4 hours ago, hernando52 said:

Loyalty Status has us both listed as "First Timers"........not even close

For each of my cruises, we are listed as "First Timers" in one place and as Diamond (correct) in another place.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It was letting me check in for cruise too early (I didn't finish), but that seems to be fixed now. There's obviously still some bugs and unfinished bits but I already like it better than the old version, and maybe even the web page.

One critical bug: I was trying to take the security selfie for the (premature) check-in and the picture was hideous. Devs please fix. 

Edited by Menocchio
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

You don't need to switch anything.  Thew new app is just that, a new app.  It is not an upgrade of an existing app.  You can have both installed and use them both just like using any other two apps.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Menocchio said:

One critical bug: I was trying to take the security selfie for the (premature) check-in and the picture was hideous. Devs please fix. 

They cant fix ugly!  🙂

Posted (edited)

I can't get the new app to show up in Google Play. Just the legacy one. What's the new one called and how many MB does it take up?

Update: Finally found it hidden amidst stuff in Google Play.

Edited by Ellis1138