Westjet International flights - how was your experience?

debfed65

Hello. I am flying Westjet to Japan next month, but have only flown with them to Florida in the past.  

Has anyone flown International on their 787-9 Dreamliner?  

How was your experience?  Did you fly economy? Premium economy? Business?

I haven’t flown internationally with WestJet but was on a KLM Dreamliner last year. I can honestly say that it was the best economy experience I have ever had. The seats not only reclined, the bottom of the seat also moved forward, giving you a much more comfortable experience. There was also more room between my seat and the seat in front of me (pitch).

The thing that I found most amazing was the dimmable window shades. They offered a distinct and different view out the window and pretty much made my flight. The sunset was amazing and captured colors that I didn’t even know existed. 

Having said the above, I hope that someone will be able to comment on WestJet’s version of the Dreamliner because it may be a bit different than the one I experienced on KLM. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, debfed65 said:

Hello. I am flying Westjet to Japan next month, but have only flown with them to Florida in the past.  

Has anyone flown International on their 787-9 Dreamliner?  

How was your experience?  Did you fly economy? Premium economy? Business?

Are you sure that the flight is operated by Westjet? Perhaps it is a code share flight.

6 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Are you sure that the flight is operated by Westjet? Perhaps it is a code share flight.

Yes it is Westjet flying YYC-NRT.   

We've flown to Europe twice on the Dreamliner in business class. It is absolutely lovely and highly recommend it! Great seat, great service, great food, etc. (no, I don't work for the airline 🙂).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, burnabyjean said:

We've flown to Europe twice on the Dreamliner in business class. It is absolutely lovely and highly recommend it! Great seat, great service, great food, etc. (no, I don't work for the airline 🙂).

Thank you ☺️ 

Posted (edited)

We flew from Calgary to England return in Westjet Premium Economy Dreamliner and it was great.  On the way over we were in the first seats of the premium economy and on return we were further back.  Preferred the latter.  Extra room in the front seats but our stuff was just lying on the floor against the first-class wall, instead of tucked under a seat.  But would definitely fly Premium with them again.  

Edited by Victoria_BC_Mom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I flew to London last year and Rome this year, both with WestJet on the Dreamliner in Premium Economy and it was great both times.  I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've flown internationally on Westjet on the Dreamliner several time - in economy, premium economy, and whatever they call the section that has the lie-flat seats. The experience was good. No issues.

If you can afford lie flat then of course that's the best and most comfortable experience. If I can't afford premium then I book either an exit row or bulkhead seat in economy - especially for the overnight segment because it's easier to get in/out without having to wake up someone (or be woken up). On some planes (not sure about the Dreamliner), exit row seats don't recline so it's always wise to check SeatGuru to check the seat you're considering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1