Can I add RCCL insurance 45 days before cruise?

Hi all, 

My 80 year old parents are going on a cruise with my son. I just learned he did not purchase insurance for them when he booked. They both had falls this year which I know would not be covered due to pre-existing clauses if anything related occurs. I think they should have if possible if need medical assistance for another reason. Does Anyone know if they can still add? thank you!

Posted (edited)

Why do you specifically need insurance from RCCL? It will be overpriced if you can get it.

There are dozens of companies that offer travel medical only policies.

Just google “travel medical cruise insurance”.

(Make sure you choose one with a generous medical evacuation amount. 250k minimum per person).

I bought mine 24 days prior to my cruise this upcoming Sunday. We are 62 and 59, and paid $140 for our 7-day cruise, medical-only policy.

(Why insure the entire trip anyway? If you miss everything, you are only out money you’ve already paid. That will disappoint you, but won’t bankrupt you. Sudden medical needs, with or without evacuation from the ship, are future expenses that could easily bankrupt you. Insure against those exclusively)

Edited by tscoffey

32 minutes ago, Mullwi said:

Hi all, 

My 80 year old parents are going on a cruise with my son. I just learned he did not purchase insurance for them when he booked. They both had falls this year which I know would not be covered due to pre-existing clauses if anything related occurs. I think they should have if possible if need medical assistance for another reason. Does Anyone know if they can still add? thank you!

No.  It must be purchased prior to final payment.

Posted (edited)

OP contact Steve or one of his associates at "The Trip Insurance Store". This is one of the better companies to purchase travel insurance from. Steve is often a contributor here on CC and many use his service. He can help you to decide what will work out best for them.

888 407-3854 

https://tripinsurancestore.com/

Edited by Ashland