RCCL Transfers Galveston??

Trying to plan a family cruise on Harmony out of Galveston.  We have never cruised from that port.  We will have 6 people and plan to fly into IAH.  In researching this, the big problem appears to be transferring from and back to the airport.  I usually make my own flight and transfer arrangements, but this port seems different.  I am considering just making all of the arrangements through the cruise line.  If you have recently done this, could you please tell me what RCCL charges for airport transfers, and how it all worked out for you.  Also, did you fly in a day early or on the day of the cruise.  Any information/advice is welcome.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I have done this many times, pre-pandemic and only once since 2020.  Always have used the Royal Caribbean transfers.  Currently, they are $45 per person, each way.  

Before 2020, we used to fly in the morning of the cruise, go to baggage claim and the RCI transfers are right there. You check in and wait a bit for the bus to take you to Galveston.  Pretty easy!

However, given what's happened over the last year + with airline travel and flight cancellations, I'm not really comfortable flying in the same day as the cruise anymore.  

My revised plan to be put to the test for the first time this October is to fly in the day before the cruise, we're going to stay at the IAH airport Marriott, which I understand has an underground shuttle to take you straight to the hotel.  The next morning, we'll ride the underground shuttle back to the airport, back to baggage claim, where we will check in for the RCI transfer to Galveston.  It seemed to me to be the easiest way.  

When's your cruise?  I'll let you know how it works out if you go after the end of October!

On 9/14/2024 at 1:45 PM, Den7Cruiser said:

My revised plan to be put to the test for the first time this October is to fly in the day before the cruise, we're going to stay at the IAH airport Marriott, which I understand has an underground shuttle to take you straight to the hotel. 

Call the hotel and double check about the underground shuttle.  We flew in/out last year there was major construction going on with the shuttle and the shuttle didn't go to a lot of stops it normally did.  Even if it doesn't it's a pretty easy walk, long but easy.  

On 9/17/2024 at 4:55 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Call the hotel and double check about the underground shuttle.  We flew in/out last year there was major construction going on with the shuttle and the shuttle didn't go to a lot of stops it normally did.  Even if it doesn't it's a pretty easy walk, long but easy.  

Thank you, will do