Does wifi always work well in the cabins?

On 9/1/2024 at 5:39 PM, travelloverontario said:

Hi... I am trying to decide if I want to sign up for the regular wifi package (NOT part of any other package/bundle) at $24.99 per day.

I normally never use my phone on the ship, and only check in the odd time with free wifi at ports. However.. this time I am travelling solo (first time) and am debating getting the package. I was convinced I could do without it... but now I am getting anxious and nervous about it.

I think I would feel better knowing I could communicate with family back home anytime while at sea (and use my Canada phone at all the ports...Canada/New England cruise on Emerald ).

My question.. can I use wifi effectively all over the ship (Emerald specific)? In my cabin (OV), by the pool, etc?

I would want to be able to facebook message and send snapchat videos and pictures. And at bedtime I would really want to be able to do a video call on facebook or discord or snapchat. Do you think ALL cabins would support a video call? As this is not part of a bundle/package...it would not be the 'medallion MAX', but just the regular medallion speeds.

If I cannot effectively use wifi in my cabin... then that may be the deal breaker.

Thanks for any insight.

I was on the Emerald last month. I pre purchased the Internet plan. Streaming and general surfing was OK wherever I did it, including my interior cabin on Baja.

On 9/4/2024 at 5:01 PM, jean-lynd said:

The information I have was from 7 months ago so it may have changed

On 9/4/2024 at 5:03 PM, travelloverontario said:

You may very well be right. I asked on our cruise facebook group and they gave the same answer as you!!

I hope you are both correct as that is MUCH better for what I need!

Someone currently on board the Emerald went and talked to the staff at the Internet Cafe...and you are correct. It is $29.99 usd for a 24 hour period.

Thanks again 🙂