Partial View Balcony

Giantfan13

I am looking to book a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. It seems as if this selection of balconies are cheaper than an inside cabin, but they are on deck 6 and are advertised as Verandah-Partial view and I have never heard of something like this. I thought a balcony is a balcony, what does 'partial view mean?

Cheers

Len

7 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I am looking to book a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. It seems as if this selection of balconies are cheaper than an inside cabin, but they are on deck 6 and are advertised as Verandah-Partial view and I have never heard of something like this. I thought a balcony is a balcony, what does 'partial view mean?

Cheers

Len

Deck 6 looks into the lifeboats. Some cabins are more blocked than others.

We were in a partial obstructed view on the Eclipse in July & I would absolutely chose it again IF it was significantly less than a full balcony. But not all partial views are the same so go online & try & see the picture of your cabin. Also use the CC cabin forums for actual cabin reviews. Ours wasn't bad at all. But one day I came out of the shower naked & there was a guy painting the lifeboat right in front of us! Our cabin was in between the lifeboats so was a great cabin.

We are doing a TA on the Silhouette in November but have a balcony on deck 7.

BTW I'm from RVC but live in NOVA now. Born & bred NY NY.

Many verandas (balconies) on many ships have obstructed views that are the result of lifeboat locations, window washing equipment, or superstructure and other similar components that partially obstruct the full view from the balcony.  It just means that in one direction or another these items may be in the way of your line of sight.

As mentioned by @RTShaker, on Silhouette deck 6, a number of those veranda staterooms are located right above the lifeboats which, when looking down and away from the ship would be in the way of that direct view.  If you google the ship and go to images you will be able to see what that looks like.

As to their pricing, typically even partially obstructed view veranda staterooms are more expensive than inside staterooms.  But prices will vary and it may just be a fare base that right now is on a sale that has it less expensive.  If that is the case and you don't mind the partial obstruction with your veranda view I would jump on that price.

Edited by leaveitallbehind