Shuttle from MCO Orlando airport to Port Canaveral HOTEL day before

I've researched how to get from MCO airport to Port Canaveral Hotel the day before the cruise (in January).  I've read that Uber would be about $80.  I contacted Go Port & they only do this if you purchase the Hotel with it.  I already have a hotel booked.  Do any other shuttle companies do this (MCO to hotel near PC)?  Thanks, Kris

2 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I've researched how to get from MCO airport to Port Canaveral Hotel the day before the cruise (in January).  I've read that Uber would be about $80.  I contacted Go Port & they only do this if you purchase the Hotel with it.  I already have a hotel booked.  Do any other shuttle companies do this (MCO to hotel near PC)?  Thanks, Kris

https://orlandoairports.net/parking-transportation/

• Thanks 1

I'm going in December so I haven't tried them yet but I booked a shuttle from MCO to Port Canaveral (well, Cocoa Beach) with these guys...

https://cab888.com/

It was around $25 p/p so I guess it depends how many of you there are, in relation to an $80 uber charge.

The whole business of getting to the port area from Orlando is filled with little frustrations.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RNnNC said:

Also another frustration, I am finding is my flight arrival time.  It is around 8 pm and no shuttles run from MCO after 6 pm.

In your case, then, it would make more sense to stay at one of the airport area hotels, since there is no real reason to be at the beach or the port after dark.

Hotels there are more plentiful and are,  in general,  less expensive. They all have airport shuttles, many can hook you up with a service the next day to the port. 

Have breakfast,  and book an early shuttle over. No stress, no frustration.

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

In your case, then, it would make more sense to stay at one of the airport area hotels, since there is no real reason to be at the beach or the port after dark.

Hotels there are more plentiful and are,  in general,  less expensive. They all have airport shuttles, many can hook you up with a service the next day to the port. 

Have breakfast,  and book an early shuttle over. No stress, no frustration.

While we are arriving mid-evening the night before our cruise out of PC, the hotels in PC and Cocoa Beach are ludicrously high ($300-$400/night). I took a look just north of the airport and we can grab a decent space for $175-$225/night.

We will either use a shuttle or rent a car (and share w/ another couple) to travel to the port the morning of embarkation.

23 hours ago, RNnNC said:

Also another frustration, I am finding is my flight arrival time.  It is around 8 pm and no shuttles run from MCO after 6 pm.

If you are getting in that late, I would just get a hotel around MCO and then get a shuttle to the port in the morning.

Highly recommend Cortrans.  This family owned and operated business is outstanding and I highly recommend. JR picked us up on time at the Orlando Airport and got us dropped off at our hotel in Cocoa Beach. When our cruise was complete, they arrived early at Port Canaveral to pick us up and got us to the airport. Upon arriving at the airport (45 min away) as our luggage was being unloaded, I realized that I left a piece of luggage when I exited customs (NOT THE FAULT OF CORTRANS). Jamie (Owner) and his son JR went out of their way to get me back to Port Canaveral to find my luggage and Jamie took me back to the airport in his personal vehicle. Incredible customer service, especially when you are from out of town and know no one in the area.

Edited by Yankeenoles
deleted extra word

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2024 at 8:47 AM, TJ O'Pootertoot said:

I'm going in December so I haven't tried them yet but I booked a shuttle from MCO to Port Canaveral (well, Cocoa Beach) with these guys...

https://cab888.com/

It was around $25 p/p so I guess it depends how many of you there are, in relation to an $80 uber charge.

The whole business of getting to the port area from Orlando is filled with little frustrations.

Did you book this the night before cruise departure or the day of?