New to Boards

cruisinmemaw

My husband and I are bringing our entire family on the Rotterdam Capitals of Europe 15 day cruise. We have 3 adult daughters with husbands and grandchildren. There will be 5 grandchildren, 1-8yr old, 1-5yr old, 2-2yr olds and 1-7 month old. I own a travel agency and my husband and I have cruised the Caribbean many times and have also done a Greek Island Cruise. We have also done a 3 week land package to Europe in the late 90's. We wanted to share Europe with our children and grandchildren and thought this was the perfect cruise to do that on. We are arriving a day early in Athens and will be staying 2 extra nights in London. We took all the kids on a 7 night cruise last year to the southern Caribbean so this should prove to be very interesting. We are doing the ships tours in most ports except Rome where I have arranged a private tour. My sister and her daughter and a friend are also joining us on this cruise so there are 16 in our group total.

I am terribly excited at this point and can't wait. I evened downloaded a count down clock for my computer and according to it we have 55 days till we leave....yea...............

Hope you all don't run for cover now that you know we are on board.

We are on the Navigation Deck and the kids are on the Main deck I think.

Welcome to the boards. You'll have a wonderful family cruise. We just did a family cruise to the caribbean last month, had 28 people with us, family and friends. It was incredible and the memories are priceless.

Have a wonderful time.

Hi All,

Thank you for the kind welcome to the boards, I will be picking your brains for this particular cruise in the days ahead. I did register this post on the Roll Call Board also. I found out that another board member is on this cruise as well and I think has the cabin next door to ours, how cool is that?

Cathy

PS how do I get my picture on my post?

Cathy..Oh how exciting to be able to take your whole family..We've never been on the Rotterdam, but have been on the Amsterdam (her sister ship) which is our favorite ship...

It's so nice to see someone else in the Travel Business that still gets so excited about a cruise..I retired from the Airline business after 32 years and always got excited about a trip & still do..We leave on the Prinsendam 4 weeks from today & I'm beside myself with excitement..

Welcome to the boards & Enjoy your cruise & your family:) ..

Betty

Archived