Bingo with the Diva

Cloud9 Bob

It's one of those events I've never made it to. Definitely trying it next cruise. It's scheduled for 2:30 PM on a sea day in the Red Room. How early (and where) can you begin to buy tickets? Do you get the actual bingo cards when you are seated or are the cards your ticket? Do you become part of the show?

Edited by Cloud9 Bob

I'm on the Resilient right now.  We had bingo yesterday.  The line started forming 30 minutes before card sales at the Red Room and went past the roundabout. People were turned away when capacity was met.  Cards are $35 for 3 cards; 6 cards, $50; 9 cards, $60.  You get the cards at purchase and enter.  No audience participation. 

• Thanks 1

It will show in the line up what time bingo cards go on and off sale. But they always stop 15 minutes before showtime. Also be aware it won’t always be with the Diva, most sailings will have it but sometimes it might be the Hostess or other cast members, or there might be multiple occurrences both with and without the Diva.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Also be aware it won’t always be with the Diva,

You won't have to guess as the daily program will state, "Bingo With the Diva", "Bingo With The Hostess", or "Bingo With The Happenings Cast".

The longer your sailing, the more sessions you'll have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bingo with the Diva is one of the best shows on the ship.  Even if you don't want to play Bingo, go for the show.  On our cruises, there were 2 lines--one to purchase cards, another one to just watch.

FWIW, I'm in my late 60s and rather conservative.  There was quite a bit of innuendo but nothing overtly offensive....to me, anyhow.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 3

I bought 6 cards because I had loot to blow through. As a solo traveler, I could not keep up with locating the numbers on all of my cards cards before they went on to the next one. You needed two hands because you have to push back the numbers enough so you could tell which ones were called vs not. I couldn't hold 6 cards AND punch the numbers. 

My advice: only buy 3 cards per person.

• Like 1

As usual @cantgetin is right. I don't care for bingo and I love Bingo with the Diva. No reason you can't walk in and buy no cards and enjoy the show.

As @Giraffes mentions, it can be hard to keep up with too many cards. Sometimes when I go and don't buy cards I end up keeping track of cards for someone sitting near me because they are getting overwhelmed.

• Like 1