Visas for Indonesia and Vietnam

jmknife

Oceania says that I need visas for Indonesia and Vietnamese, but I am having trouble with the online application process. Is there any easier way to get the visas? I had no trouble getting the Australia and New Zealand visas. 

50 minutes ago, jmknife said:

Great suggestion.  How do I do that? Can I just call Oceania? The people I talked to there don’t seem to know about a Visa program?  

Under the FAQ on their website it has a question regarding Visas.  Oddly it only mentions a couple of countries. However it does provide a number to call for visas purchased via Oceania.  US Citizens is 1-800-313-1215.  This question was last updated in 2022, so who knows how accurate it is for now, but may be worth a shot. 

Sounds like you won't get the visas on your own, but if you do, make sure Oceania knows you have them.  I think they put a blurb in the Currents (daily paper) about that, but I missed it.  They went ahead and got visas for me, although I forget which country they were for (maybe Vietnam?)  I didn't know they had done that, so when I went to inquire about it, several days later, they said it was too late to reverse it and refund me the money.  I was OK with that, since it was my error.  But I just thought I'd mention it, in case you need expensive visas for any country and you prefer to wrestle with them yourself to avoid extra cost.

Don't know your itinerary and start/end points.  In any case, Indonesia has a fairly simple electronic visa system if you are flying into DPS.  VN also has visa on arrival through an online application.

Just take it step by step and do not have any ad blockers or other similar features on your browser.  That can often hang up processes that use them.

Apparently, Vietnam no longer requires visas for people arriving on cruise boats. Still working on Indonesia.  They are asking for 3 months of bank statements with a minimum of $2000 or $2500 dollars (I can’t remember right now). I would think arriving  on Oceania would indicate a basic bank balance. 

8 hours ago, jmknife said:

Apparently, Vietnam no longer requires visas for people arriving on cruise boats. Still working on Indonesia.  They are asking for 3 months of bank statements with a minimum of $2000 or $2500 dollars (I can’t remember right now). I would think arriving  on Oceania would indicate a basic bank balance. 

Since you don't say what country you are a citizen of, let's assume USA.  If so, you are going about this all wrong.  You want a B1 tourist visa.  Here are the requirements from the Indonesian govt website:

-=-=-=-=

1. Stay
  • Up to 30 days (extendable for another 30 days)
  1. Cost
  • Rp500.000
  1. With this visa you can
    1. Conducting activities related to tourism, and visiting friends or family.
    2. Participate in meetings, incentives, conventions, and exhibitions as an attendee.
    3. Traveling in Indonesia on a yacht (yachter).

2. You must
    1. Comply with laws and regulations.
    2. Respect local customs, culture, and wisdom.
    3. Have sufficient living expenses while in Indonesia.

3. Other information
    1. Staying in Indonesia over the period of your stay permit, engaging in prohibited activities, not complying with visa conditions,
      and/or not complying with Indonesian laws may result in you paying fines, being deported, and/or other legal charges.
    2. You are prohibited from selling goods or services.
    3. You are prohibited from receiving rewards or wages from individuals or companies in Indonesia.

4. Document Requirement
    Present the following documents to the immigration officer upon arrival for immigration inspection:
    1. Passport valid for at least 6 months.
    2. Outbound ticket from Indonesia.

5. Visa Validity
           90 day

-=-=-=-=-=

No requirement for bank balances, no large fees (500,000 is about USD32). 

Try again.

And if all else fails, why not just send an email to their address listed on the website.  Or use their chat feature.

• Like 1