Let’s Go Beyond ~ LIVE Sept 7-15, 2024 with Stem to Stern for 8 Steamy Nights to the ABCs ~ Happy to Answer any Questions ???

Stem to Stern

Day 7 ~ At Sea ~ Evening Chic ~ paperwork

Look at all the ships we have to choose from for our next cruise.  “Three brands for a lifetime of vacations.”  Says the Future Cruise Vacations flyer.  So I ask, at what stage of my lifetime am I to begin booking Silversea instead of Celebrity?!?

IMG_7245.thumb.jpeg.2e9e40aae3c13136e310372121a557f5.jpeg

IMG_7246.thumb.jpeg.f91a3750c595b2bffcd1ce3eb80c304b.jpeg

IMG_7247.thumb.jpeg.e400912831b3b457ddd62e6c8ea516aa.jpeg

IMG_7248.thumb.jpeg.2aaf1beac468f7c2c876bc3f06973426.jpeg

IMG_7249.thumb.jpeg.963af7b3493f2a5e1830f598faeb012f.jpeg

IMG_7250.thumb.jpeg.32ccc89413bfdb0352ef58759feb02cd.jpeg

IMG_7252.thumb.jpeg.50cbee2628016ea356312f69ec2776c6.jpeg

IMG_7254.thumb.jpeg.a4f9aa67206f01557a4e8e1cc7e236c1.jpeg

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks!  Lady Bellaïs was really awesome in every way!  The price was $166.32 was the two of us and I prepaid for this via their website on a credit card.

When we embarked the vessel, I believe there was one couple that was already on board, but I am not positive.  

As far as beginning snorkelers, I am not sure how much special attention could be given to someone.  Senna’s goal while he was in the water was to be “lifeguard” so I would imagine he would want to remain available to all if needed.  You could email them or send them a message on Facebook or Instagram.

I made a point to ask about handicap accessibility because I will be cruising with someone in a wheelchair in the future.  Senna did not bat an eyelash saying they would work as a team to lift the chair on board.  Once most snorkelers were in the water, there was ample space for a wheelchair to maneuver from aft to forward if the person desired.  I stayed aft in the shade most of the time while I remained on board.

I am intrigued by this adventure. My DW has a hard time walking any length and we use a wheelchair for that. She can usually get on/off a boat or a bus. The issue on many excursions is the ability to store the wheelchair or use it at a particular location. 

We are doing the BC golf cart at Bonaire in May 2025, but would love to try this one in April 2026. She would stay on board and I would head into the water!!! Maybe we will give it a go. Are you planning on doing this one on our April 2026 Silo cruise??

mac_tlc

• Like 2

Day 7 ~ At Sea ~ Ahhhhh….

IMG_7257.thumb.jpeg.c757c448765d264ab73acdf46acc67b5.jpeg

We pulled open the curtains, stepped out onto the verandah, and saw the sun rising behind this cloud formation.  This vision was inspiration enough for me to make this another fun day at sea.  Oops.  Wrong cruise line.😂

IMG_7256.thumb.jpeg.7d819e2ece22db42cfa1c9c22b0ab57e.jpeg

I saw an X pattern.  A telling sign of what I was not exactly sure of, but I was intrigued just the same.  So, let’s go Beyond the busy and the bustle and have a relaxing day at sea.😴💤

Z62-209-20240910.thumb.jpeg.366e88409e631623184a00975e3d9bba.jpeg

Before most of the ship was awake, we made our way downstairs, bypassed the free sweets counter, and grabbed our prefered morning beverages at Cafe Al Bacio before heading up to The Solarium.

Z62-208-20240910.thumb.jpeg.3d4e63ec0cca704c0e8d37456670220f.jpeg

Cafe Al Bacio, Eden, and The Solarium are probably my favorite areas of this ship.  As you will witness as this day unfolds.  The Cafe is spacious and stocked with various seating options including a long dining-height conference table with charging stations and a long high-top table with barstools.  At one’s ankles along the banquette seating against the wall are electrical outlets in which one can use to plug in their devices.  The carpet dances whimsically around the room without screaming obnoxiously.

IMG_7258.thumb.jpeg.4ac1ccaa5201f81a1386d7ce70f5fb24.jpeg

We had our choice of padded loungers at this early eight o’clock hour.  But sure enough others were starting to mill about.  We were determined to choose a pair of loungers near the doors into the forward elevators vestibule.  Earlier in the cruise we enjoyed a similar location because every time the automatic doors opened a gust of wonderful iced-cold air conditioning flowed into the steamy solarium.  The coordinating headrest pillows are attached to the lounge pads.  Subtle accents of wood complement the serene color scheme.  And the white noise puts us both to sleep.😴💤

IMG_2240.thumb.jpeg.40cff7cfac9859a9150d77525516f249.jpeg

We were fortunate enough to have one of the two hot tubs in the solarium all to ourselves for the time being.  I love the colors of the tile installation on the wall of The Solarium.

IMG_5977.thumb.jpeg.323e3631e7a1185baf4d4ebb1f1dea81.jpeg

Later while relaxing on my lounger, I noshed on a bagel layered with peanut butter and sliced banana from The Spa Cafe & Juice Bar.  I had a lovely, made-to-order ginger smoothie to go along with it.  Meanwhile, DH had a snooze next to me.

IMG_7391.thumb.jpeg.c4497b26364c149b3ffb9fcbc38c5141.jpeg

The Spa Cafe on board Beyond is a vast improvement over the Solstice- and Millennium-class ships.  The cafe area has been segregated and privatized from the lounging/pool area with a half-wall and live plant material.  One odd aspect is the flatware.  I am used to grabbing a napkin-wrapped set of flatware to take back to my lounger to enjoy my nosh.  When I asked a crew member where the flatware was located I was told that it was on the tables.  Sure enough I had to rob mine from the pre-set tables.  There was also no place to dump one’s dirty dishes.  I hate leaving used dishes sitting around me.  So, I carried them back to the cafe and they were taken from me by a diligent crew member.  First-world dilemma, I know.

Z62-180-20240909.thumb.jpeg.4842efe3a1bcf078d6c0928d4744012f.jpeg

The Solarium is still one of our favorite spaces on board any class of Celebrity ships.  The roof design of Beyond’s is such an aesthetical improvement over the older vessels.  The fact that the design mimics Eden’s window elements adds to the overall design cohesiveness of the ship.

IMG_7273.thumb.jpeg.93bb3ee3012b88b9940a54ad3fdbc764.jpeg

Shortly before noon I made a beeline for Eden thinking I might run into our friends.  My secondary motive was to continue avoiding crowds and stay a good distance from the buffet for the day.  Sure enough the friends were present and accounted for.  They had already grabbed a table in anticipation of Eden Cafe’s noon opening.  Since the tables are all two-tops, I grabbed the one next to theirs.  After plopping my backpack in one of the two chairs I strolled over to the bar for a Whispering Angel to bring back to the cafe table.

IMG_7276.thumb.jpeg.53b3ce273b5e551853bb3c6d7af1ea5b.jpeg

I enjoyed the chicken and pesto on focaccia with a side of potato salad.  Oh, and I added a spinach salad to my graze just to ensure that I did not find myself starving on a cruise ship.😂

Did I mention the desserts at Eden Cafe?  They disappeared before I could grab a snap.😋

IMG_2250_jpg.thumb.jpeg.887fdbffef6df15ae0470677decea2ae.jpeg

Meanwhile DH grabbed a burger and a hot dog (He is not shy.) from The Mast Grill.  He enjoyed them both back at his lounger.  In the process he made a little, feathered friend who was trapped indoors.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2024 at 1:45 PM, lola2013 said:

I see you “driving” the boat.  Does Captain Sandy have to worry that you will take over her job? 😉

Nah.  I’ve got a lot of patience, but not enough patience to captain all that yachtie drama.😁

• Like 1

I really appreciate your thoughtful and entertaining review-thank you so much! We are sailing Beyond on October 5th and have decided to book the Bonaire excursion on Lady Bellais thanks to your great suggestion. Happy sailings! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

The issue on many excursions is the ability to store the wheelchair or use it at a particular location. 

We are doing the BC golf cart at Bonaire in May 2025, but would love to try this one in April 2026. She would stay on board and I would head into the water!!! Maybe we will give it a go. Are you planning on doing this one on our April 2026 Silo cruise??

There is plenty of space on board the vessel to store the wheelchair.  If you and the Mrs. decide to join Tim and I on Lady Bellaïs in 2026, I promise that neither one of you will be disappointed.  Tim said the snorkeling in Bonaire was far better than the shipwreck site we visited in Aruba two days earlier.  I plan on staying on board again in hopes of getting Captain Nino to share a few tales of his sailing adventures.

8 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

I really appreciate your thoughtful and entertaining review-thank you so much! We are sailing Beyond on October 5th and have decided to book the Bonaire excursion on Lady Bellais thanks to your great suggestion. Happy sailings! 

Thank you!

You will not regret it.

Please tell them Paul and Tim say hello!

Have a great cruise!