**LIVE** from MSC Seascape YC (Yacht Club) - Caribbean & Bahamas from Miami 14 September to 28 September 2024

Best Cat Mom

I have been trying to stay as low carb as possible this cruise and so far so good. 

Now if only Bailey’s and Malibu rum did not have any carbs I would be even better but @Best Cat Mom & @Best cat Dad have gotten be hooked on these Holiday Coffee’s.  I should gave known when she told me ‘the first one is free’ but I did not heed the warning signs.

• Haha 3

Day 12 concludes…

We arrived a little after 8pm and the restaurant was surprisingly full for so late in service. We examined the menus for the Italian Dinner while sipping the vintage champagne:

image.thumb.png.c03c4a113354a82d47720d85e4d3856a.png

image.thumb.png.355c446519be6702264f37d4325943d8.png

We joked with Rodin that the ship overall has not been drinking enough champagne, since we’ve not yet moved up to Moët & Chandon.

We both ordered the carpaccio to start:

image.thumb.jpeg.406285a28b1d00286b620ec71271ca2e.jpeg

For his entrée, BCD chose the lasagna:

image.thumb.jpeg.5da31d073b83620961716b743e9e749a.jpeg

As unbelievable as it sounds, this was his first time ever ordering lasagna on MSC. He was not disappointed and finished every bit of it.

I ordered the lamb chops, surprised that there were any left on the ship after I'd been eating all I could find in the past week and a half:

image.thumb.jpeg.41a0cb440dd1b9e333f7d6efce30a681.jpeg

We also ordered the osso buco for "in the middle" to share:

image.thumb.jpeg.aacfbde83a8feade4f281de761a6a257.jpeg

We accompanied both courses with a 2019 Barolo:

image.thumb.jpeg.e96da9bbe31988b410a11e5a98266f82.jpeg

Again, Chef Lisa and her wonderful staff supplied GF sauce on the side.

We were quite full when we wandered down to TSL so started there with some limoncelli as digestivi:

image.thumb.jpeg.41855067bcae3499e2fc596a0b7b9db6.jpeg

Then we shared three rounds of nightcaps with @DaKahuna prepared by Romano and Jerome. As @DaKahuna stated in his review, some OJT occurred to make sure that the nuances of Old Fashioned and New Fashioned recipes were executed properly.

We might have been the last ones out of TSL yet again. A late morning was to be expected.

Day 13 is next…

• Like 2

Day 13 - Nassau

We slept in, knowing that if we missed service in the TS restaurant, the One Pool buffet would suffice.

And we did miss TS. We called for Baileys and coffee in the room and then headed up to the One Pool.

We were very pleased to discover that the ship was docked in such a way that there was a good amount of shade. All the tables in front of the bar were inhabitable. And there was a serious wind that helped us to stay comfortable as well.

I ordered a ham and cheese omelette with sides of bacon and potatoes. BCD had a cheese, onion, and mushroom omelette with a side of pork sausage and a raisin danish.

image.thumb.jpeg.edbedf472d659e1a1cd6df7198219525.jpeg

I had a total of 2 mimosas and 1 cappuccino, while he had a pineapple and coconut rum mimosa and 2 ultimate pina coladas.

image.jpeg.093c91b4d3268000786f2977a3f82862.jpeg

By just after 11am, we were back in the air conditioned comfort of TSL for some Holiday Coffee.

Day 13 continues...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Day 12 concludes…

We arrived a little after 8pm and the restaurant was surprisingly full for so late in service. We examined the menus for the Italian Dinner while sipping the vintage champagne:

image.thumb.png.c03c4a113354a82d47720d85e4d3856a.png

image.thumb.png.355c446519be6702264f37d4325943d8.png

We joked with Rodin that the ship overall has not been drinking enough champagne, since we’ve not yet moved up to Moët & Chandon.

We both ordered the carpaccio to start:

image.thumb.jpeg.406285a28b1d00286b620ec71271ca2e.jpeg

For his entrée, BCD chose the lasagna:

image.thumb.jpeg.5da31d073b83620961716b743e9e749a.jpeg

As unbelievable as it sounds, this was his first time ever ordering lasagna on MSC. He was not disappointed and finished every bit of it.

I ordered the lamb chops, surprised that there were any left on the ship after I'd been eating all I could find in the past week and a half:

image.thumb.jpeg.41a0cb440dd1b9e333f7d6efce30a681.jpeg

We also ordered the osso buco for "in the middle" to share:

image.thumb.jpeg.aacfbde83a8feade4f281de761a6a257.jpeg

We accompanied both courses with a 2019 Barolo:

image.thumb.jpeg.e96da9bbe31988b410a11e5a98266f82.jpeg

Again, Chef Lisa and her wonderful staff supplied GF sauce on the side.

We were quite full when we wandered down to TSL so started there with some limoncelli as digestivi:

image.thumb.jpeg.41855067bcae3499e2fc596a0b7b9db6.jpeg

Then we shared three rounds of nightcaps with @DaKahuna prepared by Romano and Jerome. As @DaKahuna stated in his review, some OJT occurred to make sure that the nuances of Old Fashioned and New Fashioned recipes were executed properly.

We might have been the last ones out of TSL yet again. A late morning was to be expected.

Day 13 is next…

Loving your review. How was the no name wine?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

The Italian night menu was probably my favorite all week.  Everything was really good.

I agree an important lesson learned by us is never to a Butcher’s Cut lunch on Italian night.  It was embarrassing the amount of ossobuco I left on my plate and chicken breast that my wife left on hers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I agree an important lesson learned by us is never to a Butcher’s Cut lunch on Italian night.  It was embarrassing the amount of ossobuco I left on my plate and chicken breast that my wife left on hers. 

We keep missing our specialty dining perk. We love YC. we have booked the steak house for lunch last 2 cruises and cancelled last minute. Compliments to YC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

I’m going to be sad when the postings end.  You and BCD seem to have had wonderful sailings.  Thanks for keeping me entertained while I’m waiting to board Meraviglia next week!

Thanks! We really enjoy MSC YC. These boards taught us so much before our first sailing with

them and made our cruise that much better. We are trying to pay it forward.

Enjoy your Meraviglia cruise. Come back and tell us all about it.

PS: @DaKahuna and his lovely wife are on for another week after we disembark in (sob!) two days. His thread is here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3028945-live-msc-seascape-921-928-928-105-caribbean-cruise/?do=getNewComment

53 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Loving your review. How was the no name wine?

Thanks!

We really liked it. I try not to say that something is delicious, fantastic, etc., because so much about food and wine is subjective. We have our favorites, though, and I'd say it is now on that list for us.

Rodin has been so helpful each night. We tell him what we're ordering and tell him to surprise us. We have never had the same wine at dinner and that's including when we sometimes we have 2 different wines for starters and mains.

Edited by Best Cat Mom

40 minutes ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

we have booked the steak house for lunch last 2 cruises and cancelled last minute.

Being able to check the menus in advance on the MSC for Me app has been helpful in planning which lunches to skip. All 7 days of menus have been posted together for this cruise at the start of each week.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Thanks!

We really liked it. I try not to say that something is delicious, fantastic, etc., because so much about food and wine is subjective. We have our favorites, though, and I'd say it is now on that list for us.

Rodin has been so helpful each night. We tell him what we're ordering and tell him to surprise us. We have never had the same wine at dinner and that's including when we sometimes we have 2 different wines for starters and mains.

Agreed. Everyone has their likes/tastes. It is nice he is taking good care of you. Haven't seen a repeat! We have had good luck with Rudolph as our sommelier on 2 recent sailings I will ask for the No Name next time we are onboard. See what happens.

• Like 1

Day 13 continues…

We spent some time chatting with Mr. and Mrs. @DaKahuna in TSL then headed up to lunch.

We have our couples massage this afternoon so we (tried) to have a light lunch.

We began -- how else? -- with champagne as we read over the menus:

image.thumb.png.3fa61df0d076d6ff69fee33e76f94eb6.png

image.thumb.png.c4d931dc89c33d51941067abc7d457e8.png

We both chose the salmon to start; mine had the bread omitted:

image.thumb.jpeg.c36bf148347f51aa7c1027fd4938d0a4.jpeg

image.jpeg.4565ee5dd0975b82aa5aa3b05e2fcd3b.jpeg

By the way, look at that gorgeous water out of our window at lunch:

image.thumb.jpeg.53852fba1759228400d998a7bd0b1a70.jpeg

BCD had a chicken Caesar salad:

image.thumb.jpeg.2ca1815f4f43b7a30e528816d82880d1.jpeg

I had Caesar salad with shrimp:

image.jpeg.9372fc3574e36fb2cff071e81c0e673f.jpeg

We continued to drink champagne with the entire meal, still on our quest to get them to serve Moët & Chandon.

After lunch, we went back to the cabin to change for our massage.

Day 13 continues…

Edited by Best Cat Mom
  • Like 1