Just Spent 4 Nights on Utopia of the Seas: 9/9-9/13/24

On 9/18/2024 at 6:20 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Looks like a nice ship!  We recently went on the Symphony and loved it- Previously on the Icon and we were very disappointed- so many poor design mistakes-  Would enjoy your take on the Icon.

Glad you enjoyed the Utopia.

I still prefer Oasis class ships to Icon for several reasons. Icon not having a Solarium or Boardwalk are two negatives in my book. Really enjoyed Utopia and at the moment it is my favorite Oasis class ships. I just wish it did longer cruises. Three and four day cruises go by too fast. And I am not a fan of doing B2B short cruises. I would book a 7 day cruise over a 3/4 cruise every time. 

On 9/14/2024 at 2:55 AM, cravecruising said:

This afternoon was the Effectors Homecoming parade in the Promenade. It had helped that we had seen the show back in December on the Odyssey, but nonetheless, it was still a nice way to spend about 20 minutes seeing the singers, dancers, and colorful costumes and props. 

I can't believe Royal is trying to make The Effectors a thing... like anyone would have a clue who or what these characters are?  And yes, I've seen the show on Wonder and still have no idea.

Oh for the good old days when Royal could afford the licensing agreement with DreamWorks for an actual character parade.

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

I can't believe Royal is trying to make The Effectors a thing... like anyone would have a clue who or what these characters are?  And yes, I've seen the show on Wonder and still have no idea.

Oh for the good old days when Royal could afford the licensing agreement with DreamWorks for an actual character parade.

It is the cornerstone of their current entertainment. They are catering to a demographic that would appreciate it. Private, Skipper, Kowalski, Rico (Madagascar Penguins),,,, not so much.  

Edited by BirdTravels