Just off Icon…any questions?

9 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

Pros - Food, first time I left a ship feeling like I didn't try everything I wanted or at least didn't get to go back for a second time.  Pearl pre-packaged foods was a welcome change along with marketplace.  More opportunities to get healthy options as oppose to just pizza or really mediocre cold offerings in Cafe Promenade.  With more places for food and available late, it feels like that should be the standard going forward.  Kid friendly food options being near kid activities seems like a no brainer, no reason to take kids to windjammer.

Bathroom design/room controls in non-suite rooms should also be a standard going forward

Shows were all well done and would attend each again.  Aqua, Wizard of Oz, and Ice Show. Aqua should be tweaked though, definitely room for improvement.  Wizard of Oz is a must see and entertaining for all ages, but I do know they experience technical difficulties with all the technology they have mixed it.  Ice show had features that go beyond just seeing people ice skate, great visuals.

Overlook in my opinion is a great venue for both day and night time, where as I feel like Solarium is only worthwhile during the day time.  Along with Aquadome being an interesting spot for lunch when the aqua show is practicing. 

Pier 7 was a highlight in terms of food, certainly not anything special in terms of environment. However, the food was my favorite over Hooked and Chops.

Promenade design is big upgrade in how wide it is, recall several times on Oasis class where it felt like a battle to get to other side.  Not only is it wider you can also go on the second level and go straight across as well.  I did however find that you could hear live music from multiple venues that were directly located across from one another and could find that problematic.

Cons - Lack of features for toddlers specifically, no indoor play space in AO is a miss unlike Freedom and Oasis class.  Splashaway bay play area seems more lackluster (though its shaded most of the time which is very good), the kids pool area is actually a pretty interesting design and not a bad spot for parents and kids to hang out in as you get a great view of the back of the ship.  Enjoyed sitting in that pool at St. Thomas watching a Sea plane land.

Slide times, only raft slides open after 7pm. App doesn't give that distinction.  Rafts slides are longer waits, mostly because of the process to have people exit and clear the raft/slide before sending the next group.  Slide variety is very good with the more daring slides having little to no wait most of the time.

Windjammer unsurprisingly still gets overcrowded for breakfast and issue finding seats even for 2 people.  Surfside Eatery is a great option that never seemed to be busy.

Ultimately though, if someone is looking for this to be a relaxing cruise for adults you will be disappointed.  It's a busy cruise with lots of activities and people of all ages.  I personally would go on it again even with out kids, because of the food, shows, and activities all of which is more robust than any of the other current ships.

I agree on the aqua show. Left a little to be desired. I have seen better on other ships. I wasn’t a fan of the ice show either. Wizard of Oz was good but a little long. The headliner was the best of all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Womack21499 said:

I agree on the aqua show. Left a little to be desired. I have seen better on other ships. I wasn’t a fan of the ice show either. Wizard of Oz was good but a little long. The headliner was the best of all. 

The skateboarding is out of place, and only there to show machines constructing the ramp.  I do appreciate that there is differences though from Oasis class shows. 

45 minutes ago, Womack21499 said:

There is only one very small splash area they can play in if still in diapers. Yet those not in diapers have free rein and can pee and poop and in pools and close them down. Which is what happened to the kid pool next to the baby play area. At least those in swim diapers have it contained. They should also have that play area covered from the sun and it isn’t. The floor gets very hot as well and the little ones need swim shoes or it will burn their feet. 

I agree with the no diapers in the pool rule. Yes, solid stool can be (but not always) contained in the diaper but the bacteria present is not, so hence the rule. As for kids without diapers, accidents do happen to them, as well as some adults too. Yes, more shade would be nice. I also think kids should wear swim shoes anyway to help avoid slipping on wet pavement.

By the way, on one of our previous cruises, we noticed a couple with a toddler, who brought a small blow-up pool to the sun deck. They blew up the pool, filled it with water from the outdoor pool shower, and sat it down right next to their pool loungers, so their child could sit in it and play with her toys. I would have never thought of that! Very smart!

@Womack21499- thanks for hosting and answering our questions!

I wondered if you had any experience with the adult-only area at the back of the ship and the proximity of it to the children's splash pad? In all of the photos and reviews I've seen and watched, it really seems like these areas (being on top of each other) are too close for comfort (even with several decks between them). I don't know how much relaxing can be done with the design of it.

On 9/24/2024 at 8:39 PM, notscb said:

I wondered if you had any experience with the adult-only area at the back of the ship and the proximity of it to the children's splash pad? In all of the photos and reviews I've seen and watched, it really seems like these areas (being on top of each other) are too close for comfort (even with several decks between them). I don't know how much relaxing can be done with the design of it.

We didn’t make it to the adults only area. I would think with music you wouldn’t hear the kids but I also don’t think the kids are out there all day. 

On 9/24/2024 at 9:39 PM, notscb said:

The hideaway wasn't designed to be quiet.  Cloud 17 likely would have less activity and noise, you really have to go out of your way to access that area unless in suites.  The quietest place I observed on the ship was Overlook.

Edited by SUgwoz

6 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

The hideaway wasn't designed to be quiet.  Cloud 17 likely would have less activity and noise, you really have to go out of your way to access that area unless in suites.  The quietest place I observed on the ship was Overlook.

With a name like "the hideaway" I'm surprised it wasn't designed to be more relaxing vs in the middle of it all. Good to know though, thanks!