Oat milk available?

kluv2cruz

When we were last on Princess about a year ago, we could not get oat milk for our lattes. With the new vegan menu roll out in October 2023 does anyone know if it’s now available? A friend on board said it’s not in the options at the international cafe. 

We tried using coconut but it was syrup out of a can like you’d make a dessert with and was wildly sweet. Can’t use almond milk due to nut allergies and dairy and soy don't work for other reasons!

Thanks!

Pic was options last year and the coconut they used!IMG_5844.thumb.jpeg.f2f8458b6c14448257fd07a9290234f0.jpeg

IMG_5843.thumb.jpeg.9e3d1cd9c9db99cadb1b2c2e6e9fc321.jpeg

Edited by kluv2cruz

We usually drink oat at home but on Princess make do with soy. On our cruise in April they ran out of soy and I don’t like almond. They offered us rice milk and it became a new favourite!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

We've had oat milk a couple times on Discovery sailing out of LA, but not for our last few cruises. 

Sounds like they grabbed the coconut at the bar they share with Good Spirits!

I think that’s exactly it. Pretty ghastly sweet!

Bring shelf stable oat milk and store it the mini fridge once opened.  This will ensure you have oat milk.  

I saw a lady every morning that I ate breakfast in the buffet with a bottle of French Vanilla Coffeemate.  

• Thanks 1

@kluv2cruz here’s the shelf stable brands and flavors at a grocery store near me.   Check out your store & bring with you on your cruise. 

Not sure how they would make lattes for you with your oat milk,but worth a try or did you just need it for cereal or as a creamer for your coffee.

IMG_1641.thumb.jpeg.1484ffea8c000297a21e8f7dc9d91d4b.jpeg

IMG_1640.thumb.jpeg.9a2f34fff884fab73d6cf838760a7824.jpeg

5 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@kluv2cruz here’s the shelf stable brands and flavors at a grocery store near me.   Check out your store & bring with you on your cruise. 

Not sure how they would make lattes for you with your oat milk,but worth a try or did you just need it for cereal or as a creamer for your coffee.

IMG_1641.thumb.jpeg.1484ffea8c000297a21e8f7dc9d91d4b.jpeg

IMG_1640.thumb.jpeg.9a2f34fff884fab73d6cf838760a7824.jpeg

For lattes. That’s the hiccup for sure.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2024 at 8:16 PM, kluv2cruz said:

I think that’s exactly it. Pretty ghastly sweet!

Not all alternatives are sweet. Unsweetened coconut is lovely. I do oat at home but usually do coconut on the ship but I also ensure no other sweeteners or syrups are added.

2 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

Not all alternatives are sweet. Unsweetened coconut is lovely. I do oat at home but usually do coconut on the ship but I also ensure no other sweeteners or syrups are added.

The funny part is, I was drinking regular lattes and travel buddy was trying to find a fair alternative (digestive issues with cows milk, and she’s allergic to almonds, and is unsure about soy being a wise choice). At home she drinks coconut or oat I think. So she ordered coconut and said it was undrinkable. I thought, hmnn. Then she ordered one in the app. Still undrinkable. Then I ordered one through our favourite roving waiter in international cafe. Holey moley - that was ridiculous! Like gag! Coconut syrup (must have been a 1/2 can!) heated and frothed, mixed with espresso. Undrinkable! The supervisor must have been watching us because he came over and we explained what was the issue. He apologized of course, but they really had nothing else apparently to use! He did say if we wanted to buy something in port he’d have the staff use it to make her latte. We declined and she just switched to cows milk and took a digestive enzyme before each latte. This was a year ago. She’s on a princess ship now and there is only coconut syrup or soy or almond. Her and I sail again on a different princess ship in a few weeks so we’ll see what that ship has! Kind of fun doing the research!