Worth it to pay extra for bonus Latitude points?

boxedmoon

A booked 9 day cruise now qualifies for the past guest offer for an extra Latitudes point. The issues is that the fare price has increased by about $80/person, so to get the offer we would have to pay the current rates.

Would you pay $80 to get 9 more Latitude points? We are already platinum level and anticipate cruising with NCL for several more decades.

It does seem like a good deal since it is so much cheaper than an another entire cruise for the points, but I don't like the idea of paying more.

I debated something similar but more expensive for more points.  I am also Platinum.  I looked at the increased benefits of moving up to Sapphire wasn't worth spending more money for me.  The benefits of getting to Platinum were great, but the additional benefits of Sapphire aren't as important to me.  I may or may not cruise with NCL that much longer due to the way they are changing ports after final payment day, etc.  Also MSC will be sailing out of the port that I can drive to (Galveston).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kelib said:

How close are you to sapphire and is it worth an extra water, dinner with an officer and maybe priority seating for meals and entertainment ( when available)

with sapphire you get an extra 5% off shore excursions for a total of 15% off a excursion compare to the 10% you get with platinum

thats some value that might make it worth if you do ship excursions

25 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I debated something similar but more expensive for more points.  I am also Platinum.  I looked at the increased benefits of moving up to Sapphire wasn't worth spending more money for me.  The benefits of getting to Platinum were great, but the additional benefits of Sapphire aren't as important to me.  I may or may not cruise with NCL that much longer due to the way they are changing ports after final payment day, etc.  Also MSC will be sailing out of the port that I can drive to (Galveston).

I need 50+ but my partner is closer than I am. I am thinking long term about it puts me closer to diamond.

Then again sometimes they give you the extra points. I was on a b2b. I didn't expect to be sapphire until cruise after the second part, but the first cruise had double points, and they gave them to me even though it wasn't part of original booking.  You never know what NCL personnel may handle any situation

I am 3 points away from Sapphire.  Dosen't look like the their difference is enticing enough to go on a cruise to get to the next level.  If NCL started offering early discounts of 5% ( like booking 1-2 years off) for Suites/Haven as a Sapphire and above perk, that would be something.

12 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

A booked 9 day cruise now qualifies for the past guest offer for an extra Latitudes point. The issues is that the fare price has increased by about $80/person, so to get the offer we would have to pay the current rates.

Would you pay $80 to get 9 more Latitude points? We are already platinum level and anticipate cruising with NCL for several more decades.

It does seem like a good deal since it is so much cheaper than an another entire cruise for the points, but I don't like the idea of paying more.

It really depends on how close you are to the next Latitudes level and how important the benefits of that level are to you.  If you frequently take tours booked through the NCL Shorex desk, then the extra 5% may make it worth it to you.  If having dinner with an officer and several other frequent travelers is appealing, then that may be enough reason to rebook for the extra points.  We’re about 100 points away from the next level, but that level includes a free cruise for each of us, so I probably would pay the extra $80 to get to Ambassador sooner.  It all depends on your situation an your preferences.

13 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

'Worth it' is highly subjective.  No one can answer that for you. All that matters is whether it is worth it to you.

15 hours ago, boxedmoon said:

I think we would.    

On 9/18/2024 at 10:26 AM, herbanrenewal said:

Then again sometimes they give you the extra points. I was on a b2b. I didn't expect to be sapphire until cruise after the second part, but the first cruise had double points, and they gave them to me even though it wasn't part of original booking.  You never know what NCL personnel may handle any situation

This just happened to me on a cruise that I was on that ended 9/10.